• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

331 posts in this topic

OK finished tonight. Not on the same level as Daredevil for certain but no where near the disaster the RT meter has it pegged. 

Here my ratings

Daredevil A 93%

Daredevil Season 2 A 94%

Jessica Jones B+  88%

Luke Cage D+ 68%

Iron Fist B- 82%

Edited by Rip

20 hours ago, Rip said:

OK finished tonight. Not on the same level as Daredevil for certain but no where near the disaster the RT meter has it pegged. 

Here my ratings

Daredevil A 93%

Daredevil Season 2 A 94%

Jessica Jones B+  88%

Luke Cage D+ 68%

Iron Fist B- 82%

I finished it as well and I think 82% is about right. It ran out of gas the last few episodes, but at least it left you on a cliffhanger. It isn't a disaster that reviewers keep claiming, but there is definetly room to improve in the 2nd season. Better fights scenes, better explanation of the Hand/K"un Lun relationship, & less "It's my fault" from Danny. meh

Edited by fastballspecial

I like Ironfist more than Jessica Jones but after a couple of days of thinking, they really didn't focus on telling a great storyline. which shows off the character of Danny and why his called Ironfist, hell I think DD had more fighting with the Hand then Ironfist.

Really hoping for a solid ending. Episodes 2-9 were absolutely awful. 10 was pretty solid and I'm watching 11 now. I cannot get over how terrible Finn Jones is as an actor. I just don't buy him in the role at all. Anyone else would have worked...anyone...maybe even Segul. 

So far my ranking is:

1. DD Season 1: Loved it. Watched it all 4 times.

2. DD Season 2: Solid

3. Jessica Jones: Meh. Repetitive but watchable. 

4. Iron Fist: Was hoping for Danny Rand, but got 8 hours worth of a Meechums soap opera starring one bad actor after another. 

5. Luke Cage: Flaming hot dumpster fire of a show that I laughed all the way through. Absolute garbage. The only thing worse than the writing was the acting. Only finished for the easter eggs and potential tie-ins to other shows. Would rather lose a toe than watch again. 

Hopefully IF ends well and surpasses JJ. 

On 3/19/2017 at 9:09 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think Daredevil Season 1 will always be the benchmark for best superhero show because it had the best villain performance of Kingpin played by Vincent Philip D'Onofrio.

For superhero movies/shows to work they must have memorable villains.

G9Ah6eDOOvQ.jpg

Oh yeah! D'Onofrio's Fisk was absolutely superb. 

I've only watched the first two eps of IRON FIST. So far it is OK.  The pacing could certainly be upped, as it feels - how to put it - like a regular old TV show but not something out of the Marvel Universe. Still, the few hints of the superhero aspects I saw I liked well enough to keep me watching for now.

Edited by ThatPovGuy
spelling ::sigh::

I feel weird about Luke Cage.  I think overall it was overacted but I liked the bad guy cousins and shades, not so much diamond back.  And I liked Luke and Misty, and especially pops.  But overall it was ridiculous.  But the original comic was overall ridiculous, and I feel like I got what I was looking for from the Luke Cage tv show.

BUT I don't feel like I got what was looking for from the Iron Fist tv show, even though I think it might have objectively been a better show. 

So my expectations and my relationship to the original material have almost certainly colored my opinions.  Though the daredevil shows I think are objectively rad either way.

To be honest with you, they could've done so much more with iron fist. I know that is the common way of thinking with many superhero movies/shows, but his quirky personality and flaws could only take the show so far. They could've pumped it up in the last few episodes, and I was left with a flat feeling.   It did make me BingeWatch and want to see more episodes, which I will give it credit for. If you haven't seen it, definitely check it out. 

I can't wait for Defenders!  I'm imagining that the first six or seven of episodes are going to be full of plot and story line and hopefully we'll see some nice action afterwards. 

3 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

I can't wait for Defenders!  I'm imagining that the first six or seven of episodes are going to be full of plot and story line...

...and high school drama class caliber acting... :sick:

Finally finished Iron Fist last night.

While it got immeasurably better with episodes 11-12, episode 13 was a let-down, reflecting my feeling of "mediocre let-down" for the season as a whole.

Bakuto and Davos were superb - don't understand why we didn't see more of them earlier on.

And, esp. in ep. 13, Finn Jones' acting was so laughably bad - especially relative to everyone else around him - that it was almost self-parody. 

I shouldn't be reminded of The Room when watching a Marvel Netflix show - just sayin'.

My decision on not wanting to watch it was based on the casting of Finn Jones. He was a weak actor in GoT, and it sounds like he has not performed any better in Iron Fist.

It is too bad, as I like the character in the comics. I have always thought that Iron Fist was the coolest out of all of the martial arts centric characters.

Edited by kimik

On 3/26/2017 at 6:10 PM, jaybes said:

Really hoping for a solid ending. Episodes 2-9 were absolutely awful. 10 was pretty solid and I'm watching 11 now. I cannot get over how terrible Finn Jones is as an actor. I just don't buy him in the role at all. Anyone else would have worked...anyone...maybe even Segul. 

So far my ranking is:

1. DD Season 1: Loved it. Watched it all 4 times.

2. DD Season 2: Solid

3. Jessica Jones: Meh. Repetitive but watchable. 

4. Iron Fist: Was hoping for Danny Rand, but got 8 hours worth of a Meechums soap opera starring one bad actor after another. 

5. Luke Cage: Flaming hot dumpster fire of a show that I laughed all the way through. Absolute garbage. The only thing worse than the writing was the acting. Only finished for the easter eggs and potential tie-ins to other shows. Would rather lose a toe than watch again. 

Hopefully IF ends well and surpasses JJ. 

+ 1

For me DD Season 1 and 2 were just amazing, the rest IMO have been complete failures and on par with DC/Warner Bros intelligence. 

Finally finished this turd of a series. 

Pretty sad when Hogarth was the best actor in the show. 

My biggest complaint (that we can all agree on): The show wasn't about Danny, it was about the Meachums. There's SO much great source material they could have pulled from in regards to K'un Lun and the character of the Iron  Fist...the writers missed the mark big time, IMO. 

Spoiler

I love how they left it open for a second season...as if the lowest rated and lowest viewed Marvel Netflix show is going to get one :roflmao: Fat chance.

15 hours ago, jaybes said:

Finally finished this turd of a series. 

Pretty sad when Hogarth was the best actor in the show. 

My biggest complaint (that we can all agree on): The show wasn't about Danny, it was about the Meachums. There's SO much great source material they could have pulled from in regards to K'un Lun and the character of the Iron  Fist...the writers missed the mark big time, IMO. 

Hide contents

I love how they left it open for a second season...as if the lowest rated and lowest viewed Marvel Netflix show is going to get one :roflmao: Fat chance.

RIght. So if you enjoyed the Meachums then you enjoyed the show. Those guys did really well. The Iron Fist we got was someone who just got his powers and didn't really learn how to use them yet. That made the character and his story a little clumsy. I don't think he's bad at playing Iron Fist. I think all the other cast members did a better job than him.

5 hours ago, Rodey said:

RIght. So if you enjoyed the Meachums then you enjoyed the show. Those guys did really well. The Iron Fist we got was someone who just got his powers and didn't really learn how to use them yet. That made the character and his story a little clumsy. I don't think he's bad at playing Iron Fist. I think all the other cast members did a better job than him.

Respectfully disagree. If you had watched Daredevil season 1 and 75% of the show was about Stick and 25% was about Daredevil, you'd likely be disappointed. If that were the case, why not call it "Stick. Season 1". Iron Fist should have been called "The Meachums. Season 1". 

And super disagree about Finn Jones, he was absolutely horrific as an actor. To me, a series of weak if many of the supporting characters are better actors than the main character. Glad you liked it, but I'm definitely not alone in thinking this show was a disappointment. 

It definitely was heavy on the meachums and writers had a lot of material they should have put in for Danny from the comics, but it did have a lot about him in the series . It was not as focused on meachums as 75% or close to that.

8 minutes ago, jaybes said:

And super disagree about Finn Jones, he was absolutely horrific as an actor. To me, a series of weak if many of the supporting characters are better actors than the main character. Glad you liked it, but I'm definitely not alone in thinking this show was a disappointment. 

I wasn't as disappointed as this, but I do think a different actor could have done better. He was pretty bland. Obviously the reviews are mixed, but easily this was not as bad as the critics made it out to be. Its been much more popular than that. It has many flaws and could have been better. Maybe they will learn in S2 and make a lot of adjustments. Im sure they won't cast someone else, but maybe he can go to acting class. ha

14 hours ago, jaybes said:

Respectfully disagree. If you had watched Daredevil season 1 and 75% of the show was about Stick and 25% was about Daredevil, you'd likely be disappointed. If that were the case, why not call it "Stick. Season 1". Iron Fist should have been called "The Meachums. Season 1". 

I see your point. I guess what I was trying to get at is that writers focused more on developing the Meachums' story arcs. They didn't do a good enough job to tie those stories into developing Iron Fist. It's like I was watching two different main stories. I agree with you on the issue with having supporting characters better than the main character. On many levels, the show was a disappointment. Maybe I have high hopes for Danny Rand in season 2. 

4 minutes ago, Rodey said:

Maybe I have high hopes for Danny Rand in season 2. 

Maybe they will hire Jet Li or Chuck Norris to train Finn Jones between now and then.  :wishluck:

As for the Defenders, since the guy from Daredevil is a much better actor, maybe he'll be featured more. I didn't mind the actor in Luke Cage, he was just overshadowed by an academy award winner as the villain. Just like Donofrio kind of took over much of Daredevil.