• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst modern covers ever
3 3

561 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

The term is "embossed" where the art is basically raised from the natural paper state.  But hey, at least if you have a 9.8 copy of this book you know it hasn't been pressed since the act of pressing would flatten the cover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_embossing

I know it was embossed .. I meant that you had to move the book around to make out what the image was.. That   is,  the embossing on this cover is so bad you can't even see what it is you are looking at without viewing at obscure angles..  

Ie " like a hologram cover".  Because you had to move it around  to see the image

I'm sure that was far from the intent, but it was the end result.   

:p

9 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I feel shame.No idea how one of these ended up in my house.Not my image,but it's here,somewhere,lurking.

2052464.jpg

(I have the Badgley Dynamic issue.Was a well meaning gift ?

don't know how any artist or person for that matter would be comfortable with signing this book... and on the tombstone nonetheless ????

18 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I feel shame.No idea how one of these ended up in my house.Not my image,but it's here,somewhere,lurking.

My excuse is that I enjoyed J M DeMatteis' writing on Spider-Man.

On 3/13/2018 at 5:38 AM, MGH said:

I know it was embossed .. I meant that you had to move the book around to make out what the image was.. That   is,  the embossing on this cover is so bad you can't even see what it is you are looking at without viewing at obscure angles..  

Ie " like a hologram cover".  Because you had to move it around  to see the image

I'm sure that was far from the intent, but it was the end result.   

:p

That ::embossed:: paper stock looks like dried out soggy tissue paper really

yuck

21 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

RvLhHeq.jpg

Cable looks ridiculous. 

It's like he took all his time trying to draw Wolverine and then said "wait I forgot to draw Cable & Cameron Hodge! Give me one second..." 

:facepalm:

32 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

RvLhHeq.jpg

Cable looks ridiculous. 

Wow, that really is something. I think a lot of the entries in this thread just come down to individual taste, but this one, there's no question: from layout to execution, it's a stinker. 

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I dont know about yall but I really wish I was wolverine in this cover

Unconscious and sporting a pair of Daisy Dukes? That's how I always pictured you!

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Unconscious and sporting a pair of Daisy Dukes? That's how I always pictured you!

Those are essential for being able to get down on the floor and finding those "books you don't see in the wild".