• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philadelphia -- June 2-5, 2016

93 posts in this topic

what's the usual process and turnaround for on-site grading? is there usually a deadline to submit the books, such as by Friday, in order to get them done by Sunday or what?

well, they change it each year a little bit. Last year they took books each day Thurs-Saturday and cut if off each day when they reached a limit. I think one day or two they may have had submissions in the morning, cut it off, and then took some more in the afternoon. The year before dealer submissions were heavy before doors opened but they altered that last year to keep room for the regular people.

So I am sure that really leaves you where you started. Bring the books, go right to the booth and see what the deal is.

If anyone can slip me in Thursday I would appreciate it immensely! I have a ticket but would much prefer not waiting in lines.

In any event, I hope everyone has a great show. I am looking forward to the Market St Station turkey sandwich, my yearly love at WW Philly, as much as the comics. If you get me in I'll buy you a sammich before the doors even open.

Free evaluations on your books onsite at Philly? If they did that at Emerald City and limited it to 10 then I'd go to the show lol

Add the onsite grading and that's great, pretty jealous.

Jerome

It is a nice bonus, but I think it is 3 books per person and only an hour or two a day. Still a very nice idea.

I bought my usual 4 day pass, but I ended up helping a friend who owns a LCS load in and set up Wednesday and CGC was taking dealer submissions pretty much as soon as they had the booth set up. Wish I brought my books with me then, but who knew? They said they'd have the booth open Thursday at 1 (2 hours before the show starts), and since I was helping out again, I'd be able to drop my books off without waiting in line to get in, ("Move-In" pass is like a backstage pass at a concert)

I got there yesterday at 12 to help out again and dropped off my books (CGC was already open for business), and did some browsing as folks were setting up. Looks to be a few more comic dealers than last year and everyone and his brother is looking for Hulk Annual #6. I'll do some digging around today through the bins, it's pouring out so maybe it won't be too crowded.

Glenn Fabry's prices for sketches are VERY fair if anyone was on the fence about getting one. $100 for a B/W headshot, $200 color

Any updates on how the show is going?

Going today, so we'll see (leaving for the show now, actually, since the doors opened today at noon). I'm hoping the dealer attendance is improved over the years with the date conflict with Heroes. :wishluck:

I bought my usual 4 day pass, but I ended up helping a friend who owns a LCS load in and set up Wednesday and CGC was taking dealer submissions pretty much as soon as they had the booth set up. Wish I brought my books with me then, but who knew? They said they'd have the booth open Thursday at 1 (2 hours before the show starts), and since I was helping out again, I'd be able to drop my books off without waiting in line to get in, ("Move-In" pass is like a backstage pass at a concert)

I got there yesterday at 12 to help out again and dropped off my books (CGC was already open for business), and did some browsing as folks were setting up. Looks to be a few more comic dealers than last year and everyone and his brother is looking for Hulk Annual #6. I'll do some digging around today through the bins, it's pouring out so maybe it won't be too crowded.

Glenn Fabry's prices for sketches are VERY fair if anyone was on the fence about getting one. $100 for a B/W headshot, $200 color

PLMK if Fabry is charging for sigs on books for CGC SS...and if he is charging for sigs and a sketch on CGC SS books.

By sketches, I mean a small sketch of Custer's face with a ciggie hanging frim his lips on a Preacher fr9nt cover, for a CGC SS book.A doodad that would take him about 10 seconds.If so, how much?

Not a intricate b/w full page sketch.