• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Divinity - first new title character from Valiant gets its own CGC forum topic

231 posts in this topic

Sorry- I should have been more clear. Were the sales from 6 to 7 flat? I wonder if an appearance from Divinity caused a sales spike.

Orders went up about 7%, and Imperium #7 went to a second printing.

http://valiantuniverse.com/2015/08/13/valiant-new-printing-alert-divinity-strikes-twice-with-second-printings-for-imperium-7-and-divinity-tpb/

That's potentially a 20% to 40% jump, (33% if the second print was 2,000 copies and sold out, plus the 7% on the first print orders).

Sorry- I should have been more clear. Were the sales from 6 to 7 flat? I wonder if an appearance from Divinity caused a sales spike.

Orders went up about 7%, and Imperium #7 went to a second printing.

http://valiantuniverse.com/2015/08/13/valiant-new-printing-alert-divinity-strikes-twice-with-second-printings-for-imperium-7-and-divinity-tpb/

That's potentially a 20% to 40% jump, (33% if the second print was 2,000 copies and sold out, plus the 7% on the first print orders).

That's good info. That is exhibit A that Divinity creates interest. Do you have similar info for #8?

Thanks!

Apologies for my ignorance but who is Harada?

I did not follow most of the original Valiant titles.

He's kinda the Magneto of Valiant.

I think Marvel (or at least the Marvel age) is not comparable with anything else done by publisher with superhero comics. ;)

?

If you are trying to say Valiant's characters don't have comparable characters in other superhero universes, I would disagree with that statement. Sure, Valiant took Marvel's "mature" storytelling to a new level, but they are not so far removed that you cannot see similarities between Valiant characters and Marvel characters. Just about every Valiant character has a counterpart in Marvel (and DC.)

The Valiant February solicits are up. Looks like a Dollar Debut for Divinity #1.

This is essentially the sixth printing of this (just $3 cheaper!)

I usually stock up on a few copies of the dollar books for the heck of it.

ONE DOLLAR DEBUT: DIVINITY #1 (NEW PRINTING)

Written by MATT KINDT

Art by TREVOR HAIRSINE

Cover by JELENA KEVIC-DJURDJEVIC

Re-presenting DIVINITY #1 (2015)

$1| 32 pgs| T+ | On sale FEBRUARY 17