• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

I'm glad you posted.  Reaffirms my sanity.

I took a look and everyone is talking about Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster, no one is talking about this guy.  I starting to think my eyes were playing tricks on me.

34 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Tazer Face!!

He's an actual character in the Marvel Universe! lol

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I left after the 3rd preview at the GotG end credits. Did not realize there were 2 more after that with a lead in to Infinity War hero. Darn. :kidaround:

Yes... I sat all way to 5th preview. Saw them and I know what to do next.

I am Groot!

On 4/24/2017 at 3:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

Review embargo lifted.

Collider (Main Crew)

Collider (schmoesknow reviews)

Hyper RPG

Jeremy Jahns

Usually I respect these guys on reviews, but I think they have zero intelligence on this one.

Wow everyone from the youtube comments after they saw the movie now thinks these guys have might be clueless.

GOTG 2 knocked it out of the park.  I thought the story was actually better than part 1.

IMO GOTG 2 surpassed my expectations.  4/5 movie review for me.

7 hours ago, Turtle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As someone said, he's dancing in the credits.  Right side, I believe.  They have a few of the characters dancing in costume inside little shapes that scroll with the credits.

There was one dancing guy I didn't recognize, though.  He was long the left side.  Looked like he was wearing a button up shirt, seemed like he was a middle-aged guy.  Certainly didn't fit the look of the movie.  Didn't look like James Gunn, either.  Any ideas?  Anyone else see him?

Spoiler

He looked to me like the guy who is driving the car that gets lifted off of it's back tires during the Ego expansion on Earth.  Have no idea if that's who it's supposed to be, but that's my guess.

21 hours ago, nWo_22 said:

My only small gripe is the soundtrack for his movie I think was pretty bad except for the last song of the 3rd act, but that is small potatoes to the overall enjoyment of the movie.

I was disappointed with the soundtrack this time around, compared with the excellent Awesome Mix Vol. 1. The only song that I felt was integrated at all well was Fleetwood Mac's The Chain. After certain scenes towards the end, it was obvious that would suddenly reappear.

53 minutes ago, WeR138 said:
  Hide contents

He looked to me like the guy who is driving the car that gets lifted off of it's back tires during the Ego expansion on Earth.  Have no idea if that's who it's supposed to be, but that's my guess.

It's Peters grandfather.

2 hours ago, nWo_22 said:

Usually I respect these guys on reviews, but I think they have zero intelligence on this one.

Wow everyone from the youtube comments after they saw the movie now thinks these guys have might be clueless.

GOTG 2 knocked it out of the park.  I thought the story was actually better than part 1.

They definitely didn't take to Vol. II like they did with Vol. I based on the videos. But again, it's their opinions. Better to lean more on your own direct experience than rely on the reviewers 100%.

But after rewatching Vol. I the other day, I still feel it was the better structured story. So I can see where they would call that out a little bit. But not the big miss some implied it was.

4 hours ago, nWo_22 said:

Agreed. It was absolutely amazing and might be one of the best Marvel movies.

Marvel has the magic formula and they knocked it out of the park with GOTG 2.

And I'm not usually a fan of over the top graphics and too much fantasy as I find it hard to get emotionally invested but I found all the aliens and visuals to be believable and intriguing.

I can't wait for Thor. Looks like it's also going to be awesome but I don't want to jinx myself so I'll keep my expectations low.

GOTG 1 and 2 are the only marvel movies that I've really liked.  And I really like the GOTG movies.  Mostly because they are fun and have heart.  I'm not looking forward to the Guardians teaming up with the Avengers to fight Thanos.  That will force the Guardians to be emotionless and generic, just like the Avengers.

4 hours ago, nWo_22 said:

For great reviews from smart people who understand movies yet still love them (when they're good) watch Red Letter Media.  After you get a feel for their reviews, watch their hilarious mocking review of collider and others with their "Nerd Crew" videos.

What I find most fascinating is how you can take a C team of characters like the current GOTG crew and make a list movies out of them.

Marvel can make a supermodel out of a pig but DC can't seem to make a supermodel out of a supermodel. Real shame.

7 hours ago, Red84 said:

For great reviews from smart people who understand movies yet still love them (when they're good) watch Red Letter Media.  After you get a feel for their reviews, watch their hilarious mocking review of collider and others with their "Nerd Crew" videos.

There are quite a few 'professional' reviewers that over the years have really polished their approach to evaluating these films, and calling out the home runs and misses you can trust in. Chris Stuckmann does a super job in being fair with his reviews, and has even started going back to some of the early comic book movies (X-Men, Spider-Man) to see if these films still stand up over time.

I agree with him the scenes between Nebula and Gamora really got to the heart of the friction between them. Especially learning how Nebula became what she is today. I hope they give her enough screen time in Infinity War based on the way she left Vol. II in order to visit good old dad.

Though I don't get how some of these early reviewers passed on mentioning how much Vol. II focuses on the characters and family. Gunn really did a super job on not losing the focus on these themes, which could have easily happened with all the big scenes throughout.

Edited by Bosco685

12 hours ago, NUNYABZ said:

It's Peters grandfather.

Really!?  Like the guy from literally only the 1st scene and none others in the whole first movie? 

Well he's listed in the IMDB for the 2nd movie.  Was he in the movie at all outside of the credits?  I don't remember seeing him.