• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Hi.

I figured this was the best place to ask for a story called "The Floating City".

It was originally in FUNNY PICTURE STORIES v1 1 and then I believe reprinted in AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES v1 #4.

I don't know if you guys ever share stuff like that. I thought it wouldn't hurt to at the very least ask.

There is a character I would love to see the visual on or hear the background of from DETECTIVE EYE #2 the character is Don Rance and the Mysticape.

If anyone could help me out I would so appreciate it.

--------------------------------

Been going through this HUGE number of posts... there are some absolutely gorgeous comics some of you have. I am so utterly envious!

Cya and Thanks.

If and when I get the time. I can access the archives at Michigan State University. But I really wanted to see it in color (Floating City) as most of the stuff MSU has is on Microfiche and in B&W.

The Centaurs that I get are the ones that are downloadable or that I can order (Centaur that is) on CD.

I can't say I can honestly contribute a lot to this site other than praise and appreciation (and a bit of artwork here and there. But that isn't usually in high demand).

Anyhow... thank you very much for the nice welcome.

G7

Edited by Guardian7

If and when I get the time. I can access the archives at Michigan State University. But I really wanted to see it in color (Floating City) as most of the stuff MSU has is on Microfiche and in B&W.

The Centaurs that I get are the ones that are downloadable or that I can order (Centaur that is) on CD.

I can't say I can honestly contribute a lot to this site other than praise and appreciation (and a bit of artwork here and there. But that isn't usually in high demand).

Anyhow... thank you very much for the nice welcome.

G7

G7,

I haven't looked to see if the issues you want are there, but try digitalcomicmuseum.com

WTTB :hi:

I have everything from DCM and GAC that is offered. Not including years ago I ordered some from a Place called GoldenAge or something like that and got my very first issues of Amazing Man... and fell in love with this forgotten world of the Golden Age of Comics. I have been addicted ever since.

This is my list of Digital Centaurs that I have.

This is my complete list of CENTAUR COMICS

AMC

5-26

AMF

v2/3, v2/7-8, v3/1 and 20

ARROW

1 & 3

CMO

1-2 (Though as we discussed my #1 is obviously missing some pages).

DETECTIVE PICTURE STORIES

4 (Muss em up only) and 5

FANTOM

2 & 4

COMICS MAGAZINE

COMICS MAGAZINE (FUNNY PAGES)

3-5

FUNNY PAGES

v1/6, 8-11, v2/1-4 & 10 (Arrow only), v3/10 (B&W) and v4/1

COCOMALT

FUNNY PICTURE STORIES

v1/1 (Clock Only), v2/3 & 9, v3/1

KDF

v2/6 + 11-12, 19, 21 & 24

LIBERTY SCOUTS

2-3

MoW

1-2

S&S

2-3, 4 (Dr S, Iron Skull and MMidget only), 5, 6 (MightyMan & Iron Skull only)

SUPER SPY

WHAM

1-2

The Star Comics, Star Rangers, Western Funnies etc (some) are available... but I am not much into the funny book stuff. More the adventurer, Mystery Men, Sci-Fi or even some of the fascinating Text Pieces. (Though I would own any in a heartbeat if given the chance).

I eventually want to make a comprehensive Website dedicated to those comics and all the characters I can include in it.

But for the moment I am just building what I can.

I'll get them one way or another.

*wink*

G7

That is very kind of you and the others, Fuelman. to offer up helping secure images.

I have images from every single Centaur comic I own, without word balloons or story boxes to better highlight the character with no distractions except for the original art(cept what I modify from the pic into it to fill the space left behind)t.

EXAMPLE of what I did - Using a Zardi Panel (From AMC #12)

ExampleofWordBalloonRemoval.jpg

Of course there will be characters that will not appear in what will basically turn into a WHO'S WHO/CENTAUR UNIVERSE thing. Just because I do not know anything about them (Such as Don Rance and the Mysticape from DETECTIVE EYE #2 or some of the Characters that appear in the elusive MASKED MARVEL comics - Zomba for example).

I want to use all original artwork from the original creators. I won't insert anything of my own invention in it. Just the facts (or the obvious).

Any drawings I do for the site will be as accurate as I can get them to what was shown (without totally emulating that is).

Here is an example of my work (It is just pencils with the contrast amped up. Nothing is inked.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t225/Samcub/CentaurUniverseRevisited.jpg

Here is a colored one of an older Miss America pic (no back grounds though)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t225/Samcub/MissAmericavstheIce-Thing.jpg

Oh... just so you know... I can do backgrounds. lol

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t225/Samcub/LibertyLegionintheSavageLand2withlettering.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

The scan for DETECTIVE PICTURE STORIES #1 that is avalible is JUST the Clock story... which of course I appreciate because the Clock is VERY cool! Almost on par with the Arrow... but not quite.

Anyhow I have read this particular site for a while gleening a lot of insight about Centaur along the way.

Fun place.

G7

The scan for DETECTIVE PICTURE STORIES #1 that is avalible is JUST the Clock story... which of course I appreciate because the Clock is VERY cool! Almost on par with the Arrow... but not quite.

Maybe we've got our wires crossed but 1) I have the complete DPS # 1 book and 2) there is no clock in it?!?

Maybe we've got our wires crossed but 1) I have the complete DPS # 1 book and 2) there is no clock in it?!?

the cover calls for a "clock" mystery (phatom killer) ,but michael is right, the actual story is not a clock story

Should FuelMan become CentaurBoy now? Or even better CentaurKid?

:applause:

CentaurOldGuy

:o

Captain Centaur?

50centaur hm