• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

next up is funny pages vol 3 number 1. mcwilliams art, gustavson art, schwab cover, and of course the bob kane bruce wayne prototype story "the case of the missing heir," makes this issue a favorite of mine.

slluolcb26j97pefg.jpg

fp3v1-1_zps15d67c18.jpg

i have no idea what condition the pedigree copies are, but i'm very happy to have a copy in well better than 7.0. it seems like it hardly pops up in any grade.

Considering the Church and possibly a Larson or Lost Valley, pedigree copies on this book are obviously very rare. Your copy is amazing.

For reference, here is the Church copy:

e36ffcd6-6372-4302-850c-bb5762f9fb11_zps955ba3b4.jpg

i have no idea what condition the pedigree copies are, but i'm very happy to have a copy in well better than 7.0. it seems like it hardly pops up in any grade.

Considering the Church and possibly a Larson or Lost Valley, pedigree copies on this book are obviously very rare. Your copy is amazing.

so white and ageless looking

Why has this book not been sold to me?

I certainly have not owned nearly as many Centaur's as most of you here, but I am sure happy to see this one coming back my way once again!

sfamazingmys18_zps2605b277.jpg

I always regretted selling that copy...it was one of the few I tried to hold onto, but situation required me selling it :cry:

I've never posted this before because it is the worst book in my collection: restored, punch-holed, and trimmed... but somehow I still love it.

Funny ... that would be the best book in my collection :insane:

Your collection is great in other ways.

his collection is just plain great. he poor-mouths so we'll come on and tell him so, and we always comply. we're pitifully predictable.

You're right - I fall for it every time!

I won't do it again. I'll just sit back and enjoy the Centaurs. :sorry:

I certainly have not owned nearly as many Centaur's as most of you here, but I am sure happy to see this one coming back my way once again!

sfamazingmys18_zps2605b277.jpg

You're a SF maniac, West (and before you zing me, yes I own the Larson copy).

Another great Centaur! :headbang:

lol This forum is just ridiculous sometimes. It took... 30 minutes for 3 high grade examples of this very rare 1939 book to show up. (worship)

love the pop of the inks.

We say that about all of sacentaur's comics! lol

:gossip: get in line

shoeline.jpg

:gossip: get in line

shoeline.jpg

i think Steve did offer me the book years ago ? but since I already had a nice copy I passed (at least that's what my memory is telling me. lol )

next up is funny pages vol 3 number 1. mcwilliams art, gustavson art, schwab cover, and of course the bob kane bruce wayne prototype story "the case of the missing heir," makes this issue a favorite of mine.

slluolcb26j97pefg.jpg

fp3v1-1_zps15d67c18.jpg

Gator posting a comic book? :o