• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

My favorite AMF cover......

1413730-amf3.jpg

That comic, with its poster-like design and flat colors, looks even better in person. cloud9.gif

Okay, here's one for you. It's the Larson copy.

Ooooh, I like that. A lot.

(Beautiful Amazing man, by the way.)

Thanks - it has a few minor flaws (as can be seen along the left edge), but as the Church copy it may be the best around.

An important historical fact on A-Man was that he was the first superhero to debut in his own title. Wish I had the #5(1), but the right copy (restored would be OK) just hasn't come along.

STEVE Got Larson? (we know RHG does!)

No posts in one of my favorite threads for over a day???

UNACCEPTABLE!!!

100_0853.jpg

That, Steve, is a mind-blowing copy of one of my three FAVORITE Centaur covers (the other two being AMF vol2/#5, and KEEN DET FUNNIES #20). I love it. That is so sharp, and the colors so intense... really incredible. Do you have any duds in your collection? You keep pulling books out that continually floor me.

Would you consider adopting a 36 year old child? yay.gif

I obtained the Church set of A-Man 6 thru 11 at the same time (long ago) in a three-way deal brokered by another collector (IIRC correctly, the books came to him via John Snyder).

I no longer own the 8 and 9, and subsequently sold off the 7 (note: it had several inches of red pen recoloring along the spine) when I obtained the Larson (and she's a beauty).

I'll try to post a few more pictures this weekend... if only to increase Ryan's torture level! (haha).

STEVE Got Larson?

I obtained the Church set of A-Man 6 thru 11 at the same time (long ago) in a three-way deal brokered by another collector (IIRC correctly, the books came to him via John Snyder).

I no longer own the 8 and 9, and subsequently sold off the 7 (note: it had several inches of red pen recoloring along the spine) when I obtained the Larson (and she's a beauty).

I'll try to post a few more pictures this weekend... if only to increase Ryan's torture level! (haha).

I'd like to see you come up with a FUNNY PAGES #35, or an A-MAN #22... THOSE would be true torture!!

bring it on!!! makepoint.gif

No posts in one of my favorite threads for over a day???

UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Okay, here's one for you. It's the Larson copy.

(Beautiful Amazing man, by the way.)

1417474-Fun.Pic.Stories1%282%29.JPG

That's a very sharp looking Larson! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

There is some incredible books being posted!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's my funny Pages # 35 that I picked up a few years back.I'll try to post my Amazing Man # 22 this week , not as nice though .

scan.jpg

PH:

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Always love to see that book!!! If you ever need extra spending money...

I'm convinced that Steve has a special setting on his camera that makes all his books look newstand fresh when he photographs them.

Got the camera at the "Twilight Zone" pawn shop! <cue catchy theme music>

STEVE Got Larson?

Thanks Adam. I didn't even know it was the Larson copy until years later when the person who sold it to me mentioned it in passing.

893whatthe.gif That must have been a pleasant surprise!