• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Do any of you Centaur collectors have the two issues of C-M-O (Chicago Mail Order) to post?

Jack

Funny you should ask, I just scanned it today at october's house. Here's C-M-O #2:

cmocomics.jpg

We're going to need Jon or someone else to show us #1; I don't have it.

Done! jon

1331137-cmo1.jpg

1331137-cmo1.jpg.86acfefdbf901e3d9a441562e8f147ed.jpg

news.gif

With the recent arrival of this book to Chez CentaurMan, I just may yet complete my collection:

keenkomics1.jpg

Gerber no-show, rare as hen's teeth. Now all I need is a Keen Komics #2 to finish the 3 issue run. PM me if you'd like 8x guide for your copy. wink.gif

Keen Komics #2....jon

1331143-keen2.jpg

1331143-keen2.jpg.38c6beb8a2ceb9738ca857eb681648cd.jpg

Wow, bam! bam! bam! Three books I've never seen before. And while I had the Keen #2 and the C-M-O #1 on my list, that Double Comics wasn't even on my radar screen. But with the Masked Marvel on the cover, I'd say that although it's tangential, it's something a completionist shouldn't be without.

Just an astounding collection, Jon.

Wow, bam! bam! bam! Three books I've never seen before. And while I had the Keen #2 and the C-M-O #1 on my list, that Double Comics wasn't even on my radar screen. But with the Masked Marvel on the cover, I'd say that although it's tangential, it's something a completionist shouldn't be without.

Just an astounding collection, Jon.

Ain't that the whole point of the Boards? Remember with Double Comics there are several different covers.....maybe i will post them here...jon

Hi CentaurMan or Jon B., I was wondering if you could clear up a Centaur question for me, about Keen Detective Funnies and "The Eye Sees!" strip... I was wondering in which issue the EYE first appears? Overstreet has it as vol.2/#2, but I read another source which had it pegged as vol.2/#12. I find sources very inconsistant about which artists and characters appear in which issues of Centaurs. Maybe you can help.

Also, is there an origin story in existance? Again Overstreet states vol.2/#12 as the origin issue, but I have that issue, and there is no origin story. Just a regular EYE adventure.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this obscure character!

Great books by the way, both of you. I am really enjoying seeing what books pop up on this thread! Glad it has been resurrected.

Here's a mini-run of 2 mini-issues:

moviefunnies1.jpg

moviefunnies2.jpg

The "Little Giant" Centaur books are simply murder to find. Besides these 2 issues, there are 4 issues of Little Giant Detective Funnies and 4 issues of plain old Little Giant.

Very cool. I've not seen those before. What year are they from? Are they half the heighth of a regular comic? How many pages? What kind of stories? Any good artists? Why haven't you answered any of my questions yet? sumo.gif

Just kidding -- I'm definitely intrigued and would love to know more.

Here's a mini-run of 2 mini-issues:

moviefunnies1.jpg

moviefunnies2.jpg

The "Little Giant" Centaur books are simply murder to find. Besides these 2 issues, there are 4 issues of Little Giant Detective Funnies and 4 issues of plain old Little Giant.

893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Very cool. I've not seen those before. What year are they from? Are they half the heighth of a regular comic? How many pages? What kind of stories? Any good artists? Why haven't you answered any of my questions yet? sumo.gif

Just kidding -- I'm definitely intrigued and would love to know more.

I'm not ignoring your questions...I just don't have my copy here with me now. I'll get back to you.

In the meantime, here's one of the scarcer Amazing Mystery Funnies I just picked up recently:

amazingmystery22.jpg

The condition isn't great but this is one of those "beggars can't be choosers" books.

Here's a very early issue of Keen Detective Funnies, since we're on somewhat of a roll:

keendetective4.jpg

I didn't realize until now that Martin Filchock was until recently still alive as per his being interviewed by Mark Heike for Men of Mystery # 23.

It's quite amazing to me the longevity of some of these guys: Glanzman, Lubbers, Pinayan, Filchock and even until recently Gill Fox, Fred Guardineer, Pierce Rice and more.

In the meantime, here's one of the scarcer Amazing Mystery Funnies I just picked up recently:

AMF 22 is indeed a scarce issue CentaurMan - I used to own the Mile High (it was a VF), but traded it off. Never been able to replace it in my collection.

Just came upon this thread - should make some nice reading on a Sunday morning smile.gif

STEVE

Always looking for Larson copies

Do you have by chance Amazing Man 6 & 7, I love those covers.

A bientôt à la Wondercon. smile.gif

Two of my favorites as well, Fred - I am very fortunate to own the Mile High A-Man 6 and the Larson A-Man 7 (two of the all-time best books!).

STEVE

Always looking for Larson copies

a nice pre-Centaur....

1391155-dps5.jpg

What a great cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

And I notice you have an avatar now -- getting pretty tech savy. poke2.gif

Is is from Mystery Men 3 by chance?