• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

And why doesn't this book get more love outside of the mini-hobby of Centaur collectors? You would think the first Everett artwork would get more love from "mainstream" collectors. Might this be a breakout book someday? hm

When I parted with the book, I didn't realize that the unsightly miscut is intrinsic to this issue.

Also, I think it would be much more popular if it was the first Everett cover and story (that honor goes to AMF 1#2).

Still, your point is a valid one Tom - a first issue Centaur sporting an icon's artistic debut, what's not to like? (shrug)

To me it is evenly simpler. Centaurs won't "break out". Except for the rabid Centaur maniac, Centaurs are just ignored by the GA collector as the crazy "Uncle Louey" of the comicbook family. Look at their "growth" in the Fine price over the last 10-20 years....Ain't there. Scarcity and the pull of DC icons blunt any true growth. Put a couple of Centauraddicts on the same book and the roar will be heard every where. Only to the true pursuer explains the multiples these books will generate. Why? There cheap in the first place and so multiple still makes them cheap and you can't find them....... Forget that the artists went onto create Timely. Forget that the AMAN stories are great......The books just get no respect....jb

I finally got a Western Picture Stories #1 to go along with my Star Ranger #1.

It's odd that CGC notes "1st" western on the Star Ranger label but "First" western on the WPS label.

(excuse the crummy lighting)

.jpg

If anyone knows, I'd love to find out if one of these hit the stands a week or two before the other.

Managed to pick up some cool Centaurs in Chicago.

Appropriately pedigreed Windy City copy of wham 1 (coming home )

Got a funny pages 2

Funny pages 40 (excited about this one)

Amazing man 25

I also on site graded my amf 4 ...small spine split kept it at 7.5 but looks vf/nm

And lastly got the better of two Amazing man 26s graded... 3.0!

Managed to pick up some cool Centaurs in Chicago.

Appropriately pedigreed Windy City copy of wham 1 (coming home )

Got a funny pages 2

Funny pages 40 (excited about this one)

Amazing man 25

I also on site graded my amf 4 ...small spine split kept it at 7.5 but looks vf/nm

And lastly got the better of two Amazing man 26s graded... 3.0!

You're a machine, rick - hope you had a good show. (thumbs u

Comics Magazine/Funny Pages 2 (1936) - Federal Agent by Siegel and Shuster! :cloud9: