• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

I may have a buyer for this Star Comics #1 but need help with pricing. Low grade, cover split and detached, brittle page margins/edges.

Is this a rare comic or is it more rare to find a buyer?

Thanks Leroy

StarComics1001_zpsb0b00889.jpg

starcomics1bc001_zpsd1c5dd16.jpg

For all of you Centaur fans: :(

"Louis Glanzman (brother of Sam Glanzman) passed away last Sunday, July 7, around 2 o'clock in the afternoon. He was 91 years old." "Lou was the one who got Sam into doing comic books was back in the Golden Age. They both, at one time, had stories in the same issues of Amazing-Man Comics. Lou would sign some of his work "Lew Glanz" while Sam signed his "Sam Decker.""

Sad day for the comic world. :(

Thank you for the interior comic pages. (thumbs u

I especially loved some of the covers "Lew" did on Amazing Man (or was it Sam??). I get them confused sometimes. (shrug)

I'm glad he appeared to live a long life and I wonder if he realized how much Centaur fans loved and appreciated his work. hm

He will be missed by Centaur fans.

Appreciate the update and pages, Michael - sad news, indeed.

I corresponded with Lew a few years ago but he had no interest in talking about comics at all. I did thank him for all his past efforts.

Rest in peace, sir.