• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2022 at 10:29 PM, sagii said:

Very cool Jack! Like how you can never see his face.

After Amazing-Man, would you say Arrow is the second most "collected/fan fan" of the Centaur Hero line? 

I would say that was true easier to find Aman than the Arrow issues.

On 2/8/2022 at 4:06 PM, G.A.tor said:

I owned the San Fran copy moons ago. It was prettY 

You had many a fine Centaur back in the day.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:16 AM, comicjack said:
On 2/7/2022 at 7:29 PM, sagii said:

After Amazing-Man, would you say Arrow is the second most "collected/fan fan" of the Centaur Hero line? 

I would say that was true easier to find Aman than the Arrow issues.

Perfect case in point being Funny Pages V2#10 featuring the first appearance of the Arrow where the only copies that we have seen in the marketplace during the past decade were either low grade or Restored/Conserved copies. :frown:

No doubt due to the fact that the CGC Census Population Report indicates a total of only 16 copies (i.e. 13 Universal & 3 Restored) which is low for a key GA book, since these are the exact types of books that any seller would have graded and slabbed before putting it into the marketplace. Even rarer in grade as the highest graded copy to date so far is still only a CGC 8.0 copy and even the Church copy was listed as only a Fine copy by Chuck in his Mile High cartalogue. :cloud9:  

On 2/10/2022 at 10:07 AM, comicjack said:

Way underrated Centaur key with an awesome action cover here is the follow up (thumbsu

it shouldn't be underrated.

that was cover that started me on Centaurs to begin with.

in the color gallery section of an Overstreet in the mid-70s (Spirit of '76 maybe?).

On 2/10/2022 at 10:49 AM, circumstances said:

it shouldn't be underrated.

that was cover that started me on Centaurs to begin with.

in the color gallery section of an Overstreet in the mid-70s (Spirit of '76 maybe?).

My first was a copy of Aman #11 from Showcase New England back in the day 

On 2/10/2022 at 10:52 AM, comicjack said:

My first was a copy of Aman #11 from Showcase New England back in the day 

My first actual Centaur was Aman #15, from Sam Fraser in like 1977, but the only reason I bought that (or knew about Centaur at all) was seeing that picture of AMF Vol. 2 #7 previously in the Price Guide.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:28 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

You guys are breaking out some real rare gems here lately!! @G.A.tor your memories were nonetheless legendary though!! That complete Centaur thread needs to be stickied for future educational purposes alone 

Forgot about that. Might have to go revisit 

On 2/10/2022 at 11:22 AM, circumstances said:

My first actual Centaur was Aman #15, from Sam Fraser in like 1977, but the only reason I bought that (or knew about Centaur at all) was seeing that picture of AMF Vol. 2 #7 previously in the Price Guide.

Another great cover (thumbsu