• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2022 at 11:57 AM, sagii said:

How about a nod to the man who started this Thread wayyy back in 2005, Jon Berk!

Its been 5 years since the auction.  Such valuable information on those first introductory pages here. Jon, thank you for your immeasurable contributions to our hobby. These two are in good hands! 

20210722_132421.jpg

He had some amazing tough books and those are some  :bigsmile:

On 2/13/2022 at 8:57 AM, sagii said:

How about a nod to the man who started this Thread wayyy back in 2005, Jon Berk!

Anybody here heard from Jon lately since it seems he's basically stopped posting here after the end of his big auction?  hm

Hope he's doing just fine in his retirement and being the life long collector that he's always been, probably a bit hard to come back to the boards after selling off the overwhleming majority of your personal collection even though he wanted to pass them off to the next generation of collectors.  (thumbsu

On 2/13/2022 at 12:41 PM, Robot Man said:

My first Centaur was an Amazing Man as well. Although not as spectacular as yours...

I got this as a gift from a friend many years ago. He was walking his dog down an alley near his house and saw this sitting on top of a trash can. I asked him if he looked in the can and he said no...:facepalm:

comamazingman5.jpg

What a story! And find!

..but lord only knows what else was inside

On 2/13/2022 at 12:44 PM, Robot Man said:

This was my second one. I got it from Terry Stroud at SDCC also many years ago. Was stuffed in a box in an old Robert Bell bag with no backing board. I had no idea what it was but it seemed super cheap and cool so I snagged it. 

comkeendetective22.jpg

I always like that cover  the skull and crossbones make it