• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most Rare and expensive Variants?

98 posts in this topic

All 15 covers to Dr. Strange #1 (2015). I bet not too many other people out there have the complete set:

doc01.jpg

How much do you want to bet?

With the Dr. Strange movie coming out, I have seen multiples of all these books for sale at least a dozen times.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :shrug:

Unless you were kidding, which in that case: lol

I'd be curious to see a list of double (or more) covered 30 and 35 cent variants that are known to exist.

hm I think I have the only 35 cent variant double cover found so far, and there are not very many 30 cent ones either. I think board members canickus has 4 or 5 with that Cool X-Men #100, shieldagent has a WWT #15 and flyingdonut has a Fantastic Four #169 those are the only ones I know about. I am sure there are many more still undiscovered ones. :cloud9:

I have a Invaders #6 30 cent variant Double cover.

I'd be curious to see a list of double (or more) covered 30 and 35 cent variants that are known to exist.

hm I think I have the only 35 cent variant double cover found so far, and there are not very many 30 cent ones either. I think board members canickus has 4 or 5 with that Cool X-Men #100, shieldagent has a WWT #15 and flyingdonut has a Fantastic Four #169 those are the only ones I know about. I am sure there are many more still undiscovered ones. :cloud9:

(thumbs u Very Cool can you post a picture. :cool:

Not sure about most expensive, but this is clearly the rarest variant - 1 of 1.

MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic12Million1CGC9.6.jpg

Are you the owner? I'd love to know the story of how the book was distributed. As in how it was selected where or who to go to. Or was it completely random?

It was a charity auction book, auctioned off by Heritage along with the cover art (in the OA auction). The 1/12 variant was given away to those who won a write in competition.

I was at my local comic shop yesterday, and the owners son was selling this valiant book (Turok #1) I was like, why do you have that book priced for 40$ for? He was like its the gold edition man, super rare only a few in existence. I was like really? So, is this so called Turok #1 gold edition really that rare? :blahblah:

Not rare. About 5,000 Gold Turok 1's were made. $40 is a bit high. I've paid $50 for a CGC 9.8 Turok 1 Gold.

How much do you want to bet?

With the Dr. Strange movie coming out, I have seen multiples of all these books for sale at least a dozen times.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :shrug:

Unless you were kidding, which in that case: lol

lebowski.jpg

lol

Are you the owner? I'd love to know the story of how the book was distributed. As in how it was selected where or who to go to. Or was it completely random?

It was a charity auction book, auctioned off by Heritage along with the cover art (in the OA auction). The 1/12 variant was given away to those who won a write in competition.

Thank you :foryou:

I was at my local comic shop yesterday, and the owners son was selling this valiant book (Turok #1) I was like, why do you have that book priced for 40$ for? He was like its the gold edition man, super rare only a few in existence. I was like really? So, is this so called Turok #1 gold edition really that rare? :blahblah:

Not rare. About 5,000 Gold Turok 1's were made. $40 is a bit high. I've paid $50 for a CGC 9.8 Turok 1 Gold.

That's correct, but in "today's terms" that Turok #1 Gold would be a 1:350 variant.

I am not the owner. It was made and sold to benefit a charity - amusing that the cover art sold for half of the book.

(thumbs u Very Cool can you post a picture. :cool:

photo 12390984_10205297685028797_3408086665645142180_n.jpg