• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That feeling you get when...

14 posts in this topic

I'm always paranoid of that while I'm rebagging. What made you notice?

I'd have to dig it up at home... but I believe it was the page number skipping. The ad page looks like it was surgically removed.. you'd really have to be looking for it to notice.

I guess someone REALLY wanted to find out what it was like to sell Grit, or needed to send in right away to get buff like Charles Atlas :)

I'll get a shot of it up tomorrow.

/stillsad

That's why you should always count pages on new purchases. Only takes a few seconds to count to 16.

Yup. Although I usually only count to 8, making sure I hit staples (which are still attached when I get there).

I've got some books like that.

I believe it's even worse when the missing page is a pin-up. :(

Those Pin-up pages were the "Marvel Value Stamps" of the Silver age. I've been shocked at how many early Spidey's & FF's are missing their Pin-up pages.

I drove 4 hours to buy a silver collection last year only to find when I got there that every early Marvel had the pin-up page cut out. I cringed as I opened each comic. Then I had to renegotiate the whole deal with the seller but he didn't want to come down in price. It was a loooooong day of driving. I ended up getting the collection at a discount, but I was pretty disappointed. I'm tired of owning Avengers 1 with missing pages (seems like every times I find one it's missing a page).