• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, kimik said:

It will be interesting to see if it can top that. Aquaman, the 3rd tier DC hero that saved their movie universe. lol 

FWIW, I liked Aquaman much more than Civil War. There are too many editing, CGI, story, and poor acting issues (mail it in = big payday anyways) in Civil War. It is a distant third best Avengers film for me: Infinity War > Avengers >>>>>>>>> Civil War >>>>>>>> Age of Ultron.

I agree with your Avengers /Capt America movie order but put Aquaman in a different spot than you:

Infinity War > Avengers >>>>>>>>> Civil War >>>>>>>> Aquaman>Age of Ultron.

Edited by Artboy99

13 hours ago, kimik said:

It will be interesting to see if it can top that. Aquaman, the 3rd tier DC hero that saved their movie universe. lol 

FWIW, I liked Aquaman much more than Civil War. There are too many editing, CGI, story, and poor acting issues (mail it in = big payday anyways) in Civil War. It is a distant third best Avengers film for me: Infinity War > Avengers >>>>>>>>> Civil War >>>>>>>> Age of Ultron.

People gush about that airport fight scene, but really, why didn't Vision and Scarlet Witch just end it? They totally phoned it in during that battle, and Zemo's plan is so much more convoluted than Luthor Jr's, yet doesn't receive as much flak as BvS. The lack of stakes makes that airport fight scene a total bore during re-watch.

I like Age of Ultron way better than Civil War.

Also - Aquaman is an OG member of the Justice League. He's nowhere below Tier 2.

12 hours ago, kimik said:

I was pumped for Civil War and then pretty much was ready to leave halfway through. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I kept noticing issue after issue with it. It looked like they rushed with the CGI and editing to hit a release date.

I thought Civil War was good up until the 12-man wrestling match. Hawkeye vs Black Widow and Black Panther is 100% cringe-worthy:

"Are we still friends?" "Depends on how hard you hit me."

"We haven't met yet. My name is Clint." Now, Black Panther does have the proper retort of, "I don't care", but just shoot me already...

I thought that Tony Stark in Civil War is one of the best portrayals of his character. His intro to the film was great with the woman who lost her son. Just, IMO, a very well-thought out motivational perspective.

All of this is unrelated to Aquaman, so I'll just leave it at that right now lol.

Yeah - I just re-watched Civil War last weekend. It's not nearly as good the second time around, and the airport scene looks surprisingly low-budget. Other than the Spider-Man and Giant-Man reveals, it's weak-sauce.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, Bosco685 said:

Black Manta ship concept art recently released.

aquaman_concept01.thumb.PNG.f7a5d3f6073729051a166212301c7426.PNG

Revised black mamba craft released:

8232ea4214c7141c7e22f357366a9006.jpg

Superhero blockbuster aquaman

Is the wheel of fortune puzzle right now as I was looking at this thread ...

Couldn't type fast enough to get it before they solved it (:

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:32 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Yeah - I just re-watched Civil War last weekend. It's not nearly as good the second time around, and the airport scene looks surprisingly low-budget. Other than the Spider-Man and Giant-Man reveals, it's weak-sauce.

Its more Avengers 2.5, I would have preferred much less characters and a tighter story just focusing on the main players. Forget the airport scene altogether.