• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,643 posts in this topic

Let's try this again. Here's a much sharper scan. First appearance of Hawkman; Joe Kubert cover and art.

I know this isn't a grading forum, but what grade do you think CGC would give this book based on the front cover alone. Eighth of an inch spine split in upper left of spine. Thanks All!

Let's try this again. Here's a much sharper scan. First appearance of Hawkman; Joe Kubert cover and art.

I know this isn't a grading forum, but what grade do you think CGC would give this book based on the front cover alone. Eighth of an inch spine split in upper left of spine. Thanks All!

If you check out the Brave & Bold 34 I just posted, you'll notice the image is not as sharp as the book. Believe me the colors on this book are very bright and very sharp. Someone please tell me how to make the scan so as to reflect the true colors on the book.

PS--I upload straight from my computer; I do use photbucket or photoshop--at least at present,

Thanks, Steve

Steve, I believe you need to switch to an online site to host your photos, such as photobucket (which is free and easy to use). As I recall there is a limit to the size of files the boards allow you to upload as an attachment, and I assume that's why your images are low resolution and appear blurry. There's no such limitation in linking to a site that already has the images uploaded. That's how people are getting these awesome scans.

When you get an image on the host site, you copy and paste the url after clicking the "Enter an image" button at the top of the reply box (it's the third button from the left on top of the box you get when you click "reply").

Hope this helps...

Looks 6.0ish to me. Are the staples rusty?

Some of these are SA, some "Atom" Age, some GA, but all are recent arrivals from Ebay. I'm getting into these obscure DC funny animal books thanks to the books that have been posted in the 365 thread...

Buzzy2.jpg

DateWJudy9.jpg

DWJ13.jpg

FFolks17.jpg

FStuff44.jpg

Leading60.jpg

PP50.jpg

Realscreen93.jpg

That's some quality reading!!! (thumbs u

Wow Silver, that looks way better than a 9.0. Just look at that spine!

So, are you putting together a little run of Adventures?

And when are you going to free that puppy from it's prison? :grin:

My current goal on Adventure is 247 and 267 through 380 (need about 12 more)although I do own a few outside that range. I don't own a 247 yet, I am waiting for Tim to just send me his copy out of pure kindness lol

Either that or a nice 6.0'ish copy to come around.

As far as freeing it, I usually wait until I get a nice little stack to do at once and I am getting about there now.

Here are my couple of Adventures outside of that range:

adv211.jpg

adv220cgcb.jpg

adv227.jpg

adv258.jpg

My current goal on Adventure is 247 and 267 through 380 (need about 12 more)although I do own a few outside that range. I don't own a 247 yet, I am waiting for Tim to just send me his copy out of pure kindness lol

Either that or a nice 6.0'ish copy to come around.

As far as freeing it, I usually wait until I get a nice little stack to do at once and I am getting about there now.

Here are my couple of Adventures outside of that range:

adv211.jpg

adv220cgcb.jpg

adv227.jpg

adv258.jpg

Tell you what, Danny. I so love that Adventure 211 that I'd be willing to make a trade: My GL 76 in CGC 9.4 for your Adventure 211 and $8900 cash. What say you? Honestly, though, I just love that book. I'll be looking in SD this summer for it.