• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,653 posts in this topic

Let's try this again:

2nd time's a charm!! :applause:

Sorry, not a high-grade copy, but the only copy I have and from my experience a tough book to find, very tough!

Apologizing for the grade? :screwy: That's a nice copy!

Sorry, not a high-grade copy, but the only copy I have and from my experience a tough book to find, very tough!

Apologizing for the grade? :screwy: That's a nice copy!

Thanks. I guess it's not a bad copy at all, especially for a tough period to find any copies at all. It's even listed as scarce in the OSPG. Thanks for the kind comments.

Not so rare, I guess. I just located another pink-colored Detective Comics. I always liked this issue because it retells Batman's Origin, this time with new facts. A "kissing cousin" of Detective Comics 190, preveiously posted by yours truly which is an earlier retelling of Batman's origin.

77999.jpg.bcde739278989acdcbd9d53652bb68e6.jpg

As per Danny's request, here's my Lois Lane 15. I also have a slabbed Superman 132, CGC 9.0, but I'll do my best with a digital photo since I don't have a large bed scanner:

I am glad you found your LL 15 Steve!

Where did you get the Superman 132?

As per Danny's request, here's my Lois Lane 15. I also have a slabbed Superman 132, CGC 9.0, but I'll do my best with a digital photo since I don't have a large bed scanner:

If memory serves me correct, you were there when I bought the slabbed Superman 132--at SDCC sometime before I got married in 2003. I bought it from John Verzyl of Comic Heaven. Remember, I also bought the slabbed Action 294 in 9.2. For some reason you were more excited about the Action. It was probably back in '01.

I posted this in another thread, but it belongs here, too since the two threads may be mutually exclusive for some. I always liked this period; it's the second post-code and you don't see books from this period that often.

Very bizarre to see the super-sized Robin and the midget Batman. You are correct about how infrequently you see these issues in nice shape.

If memory serves me correct, you were there when I bought the slabbed Superman 132--at SDCC sometime before I got married in 2003. I bought it from John Verzyl of Comic Heaven. Remember, I also bought the slabbed Action 294 in 9.2. For some reason you were more excited about the Action. It was probably back in '01.

I needed the Action at the time and found it somehwat difficult to find. I had a Superman 132 but a low grade copy. I wasn't doing upgrades at the time but now I really want to upgrade a few Supeman's and 132 is at the top of the list!

Not so rare, I guess. I just located another pink-colored Detective Comics. I always liked this issue because it retells Batman's Origin, this time with new facts. A "kissing cousin" of Detective Comics 190, preveiously posted by yours truly which is an earlier retelling of Batman's origin.

Great books all the way around, but I really like this one with Robin reading about Batman's early adventures in his diary. And of course it's pink!

I posted this in another thread, but it belongs here, too since the two threads may be mutually exclusive for some. I always liked this period; it's the second post-code and you don't see books from this period that often.

Very bizarre to see the super-sized Robin and the midget Batman. You are correct about how infrequently you see these issues in nice shape.

Good point; I think that's the attraction of the cover. Win Mortimer did a great job in depicting what a grown-up Robin and a young Batman would look like.

Hey great books Steve, thanks for sharing! Did you see the World's Finest #72 CGC 7.5 Cr/OW Mohawk Valley copy that is listed on Comiclink for $1150? There is only a single 8.0 on the census so you have an idea how impossible it is to find this book in any kind of shape! There is also a 1.8 copy with white pages and lots of tape repairs for $90! Incredible to find white pages on such a low grade copy! Erik

Hey great books Steve, thanks for sharing! Did you see the World's Finest #72 CGC 7.5 Cr/OW Mohawk Valley copy that is listed on Comiclink for $1150? There is only a single 8.0 on the census so you have an idea how impossible it is to find this book in any kind of shape! There is also a 1.8 copy with white pages and lots of tape repairs for $90! Incredible to find white pages on such a low grade copy! Erik

THanks, Erik! Glad to see you posting again. PM Coming!