• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,685 posts in this topic

What a cool book! I've never seen it before. Actions from right around that time period seem to be uncommon.

I've been very pleased whenever I find a nice one.

Actions.jpg

What a cool book! I've never seen it before. Actions from right around that time period seem to be uncommon.

Actions.jpg

Those are three beautiful copies. I have all three, too, but not in such high grades. But I still treasure them because of their scarcity. Great books!

Actions.jpg

Those are three beautiful copies. I have all three, too, but not in such high grades. But I still treasure them because of their scarcity. Great books!

I checked the census; there are six Action 212s and two Action 211s. You're right. These are very scarce books even in VG--and especially in 5.0 or higher. Thanks for scanning yours. When I have some time, I'll go digging for mine and scan them.

Actions.jpg

:cloud9:

I never get to post in this thread so I figure I would scan up this mess I received with a lot of Atlas War books, which I really wanted. Not bad for free I guess (shrug)

88864.jpg

Element cover!

Nice for the price.

Jack

Element cover!

Jack

:pullhair: Couldn't you post faster?!

D'oh! I'll try to do better next time.

This 10+ hours of sleep a night thing is slowing me down.

I would have put in your package. :gossip: Mailed out today ;)

YAY!

Thanks.

Jack

ItsGameTime12.jpg Here is my copy of It's Game Time #4. I don't know the grade it would get, but it is one of the better copies you'll see of this very tough book to find.

(worship) Never seen it. Cool obscurity!

Here is a new addition to my vault!

MIS_31.jpg

On the Prototype front...

Now, there is something very interesting in the Infantino story: "Secret of the Scientific Doodads". There is a certian bald, green-skinned, purple jump-suited alien in this story who looks exactly like that Superman villian, BRANIAC!

Here is a new addition to my vault!

MIS_31.jpg

On the Prototype front...

Now, there is something very interesting in the Infantino story: "Secret of the Scientific Doodads". There is a certian bald, green-skinned, purple jump-suited alien in this story who looks exactly like that Superman villian, BRANIAC!

Nice copy! I'd love to see this Braniac proto-type. Hopefully I'll find a nice copy someday soon...

dc.jpg

Here is one of the more difficult Detectives to find in decent grade, Detective 230, the first appearance of the Mad Hatter. This copy has supple OFF White/White Pages.

Very nice! Actually, better than nice...

Tomahawk35.jpg Here is Tomahawk #35 from September of 1955 at the height of the Davy Crockett Mania in the USA. I once read an article in the Los Angeles Times in which Fess Parker, who portrayed the character in the Disney Flicks, claimed that Davy Crockett and his coonskin cap were bigger that Beatlemania. Anyway, this is the "origin" story of the character. I've been looking for this book for awhile in a nice mid grade affordable condition and finally found a copy back in July at the SDCC.

Tomahawk35.jpg Here is Tomahawk #35 from September of 1955 at the height of the Davy Crockett Mania in the USA. I once read an article in the Los Angeles Times in which Fess Parker, who portrayed the character in the Disney Flicks, claimed that Davy Crockett and his coonskin cap were bigger that Beatlemania. Anyway, this is the "origin" story of the character. I've been looking for this book for awhile in a nice mid grade affordable condition and finally found a copy back in July at the SDCC.

Steve, you're killing me! Looks like we have another collector who manages to find high grade versions of incredible uncommon 50's DCs.

Needless to say I've never even seen this book, let alone in that condition. That's a cool story about Davey Crockett...I didn't know he was ever "hot." This is a nice mini key book, then! I checked the census and there is one graded copy, 7.0.