• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,655 posts in this topic

slowly filling in my final Adventures needed to complete 267-380, less than 10 to go now. Just liberated this from it's holder:

adv287.jpg

What a clean copy. 8.5?

A few of my favorite D.C. ten cent covers, especially the two Worlds Finest books. Just some low grade garbage. lol

DRX

action242001.jpg

Mega key!

A few of my favorite D.C. ten cent covers, especially the two Worlds Finest books. Just some low grade garbage. lol

DRX

action242001.jpg

Mega key!

I got that book in a collection I bought years ago that had a couple hundred D.C. ten centers. In the box was an Adventure # 247 in about VG-. Nice book but it had a little staining on the spine. One of the first books I sold on E-Bay. I regret it to this day. doh!

DRX

There is a bunch of newly listed Batman 10 centers (and a couple big box 12 centers) on CLink and every time I see Bat books from that era I like them more.

God help me. :(

Edited by Jeffro

Here's my copy of Action Comics 252. Sure, I've seen better copies, most notably Silver's copy, but I bought my copy in the mid 70s at Bond Street Books in Hollywood. I remember most vividly my dad nearly blowing his top when he found out I paid $15.00 for a comic book. Sure wish I could pay $15.00 for copies in a similar grade today. Scan_Pic0003-1.jpg

Here's another book I bought in Hollywood, CA back in the seventies, only this book I purchased at Cherokee books on Hollywood Blvd between Gower and Cherokee Blvds. (Bond St Books was on Wilton as I recall). This book cost me only five bucks and my dad was still pissed. Okay, it's not a 10 center, but it's got that 10 cent feel to it and I believe the Big Box 12 cent thread had been moribund for awhile. One of my favorite Silver Age covers: AdventureComics300.jpg

Here's my copy of Lois Lane 15. This cost me some bucks, but I bought it from Michael Goldman of Motor City Comics, one of my favorite dealers. He's always willing to bargain and enjoys bargaining in good faith. LoisLane15-1.jpg

Nice book. #15 is a tough book to get in a higher grade. I just checked the census and the highest copy is a 9.0 !

Here's my copy of Action Comics 252. Sure, I've seen better copies, most notably Silver's copy, but I bought my copy in the mid 70s at Bond Street Books in Hollywood. I remember most vividly my dad nearly blowing his top when he found out I paid $15.00 for a comic book. Sure wish I could pay $15.00 for copies in a similar grade today. Scan_Pic0003-1.jpg

Double your money...I'll give you 30 smackers for it.

Here's my copy of Lois Lane 1 5. This cost me some bucks, but I bought it from Michael Goldman of Motor City Comics, one of my favorite dealers. He's always willing to bargain and enjoys bargaining in good faith. LoisLane15-1.jpg
Beautiful colors!!! :applause:

Here's my copy of Lois Lane 15. This cost me some bucks, but I bought it from Michael Goldman of Motor City Comics, one of my favorite dealers. He's always willing to bargain and enjoys bargaining in good faith. LoisLane15-1.jpg

That's a stunner. The whites look pristine...

I have a lower grade (much lower grade!) copy, and I always crack up at this cover. This is not a hoax, not a dream, and they are not robots! Isn't that kind of calling out their usual tactics as ridiculous?

Some of the best Grey Tone covers are on the westerns. Add that to the sweet interiors by the likes of Infantino, Kane, Kubert, and more, and you definitely have one of the best kept secrets in comic collecting. Most go for less than 50 bucks in VF. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u