• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

this pic just goes to show that even tough books are pretty easy to come by, if you keep buying them in whatever grade you see... One or two, maybe three are nice...but nothing like Dougs Vault copy! yikes!

1047716-StrangeTalesAnnuals.jpg

1047716-StrangeTalesAnnuals.jpg.a28843fbc6e2244119049157a5165190.jpg

Edited by aman619

thanx Adam! yeah, my 4 sure looks nice dont it? from afar! and Im into the rest a lot better than the Showcase 4. That book, as you know, got red hot for a while which shot the Guide up a lot back then, and it hasnt budged much since, or not as much as other keys.... So this was, of course, another "unimprovable, once in a blue moon" killer copy and was over Guide by a bit as I recall.

lets put it this way: it wasnt sold or stickered at VF Guide!!! At least noowdays, the only boooks that ARE priced at multiples ARE real 9.4 quality copies! Not the VFs like the "good old days!"

heres Showcase 1-15. As before they all 'look' sharp, but arent nearly gonna be highest graded copies...

Ive upgraded a few of these since then...

Great books, Aman! 893applaud-thumb.gif I'd love to see close-ups of the Showcase 8, 13, and 14 too, since you hardly ever see those books in nice shape.

Also, how about some pix of the Brave and the Bold #1-25? grin.gif

heres Showcase 1-15. As before they all 'look' sharp, but arent nearly gonna be highest graded copies...

Great books, Aman! 893applaud-thumb.gif I'd love to see close-ups of the Showcase 8, 13, and 14 too, since you hardly ever see those books in nice shape.

all in good time! maybe just 1 - 24 since youve already seen the 25! : )

all in good time! maybe just 1 - 24 since youve already seen the 25! : )

Yeah, but I'd love to see an even bigger picture of it because it is so friggin sweet! And how about a nice pic of the interior pages too. My "top census" (not "highest known grade," thanks to you Christo_pull_hair.gif) copy is CR-OW.

But leaving the 25 aside, I have been far more interested in the BB 1-24 lately. The first three Showcases you have are sweet too, and I am just not going to say a WORD about that sick Show #4. hail.gif

after much ado and hand wringing (not to mention some subtle neck wringing by certain parties over the past few months.) I took a few snapshots of some comics to show. I hope it was worth the wait.....

Well, all I can say is IT`S ABOUT FREAKIN` TIME!!! poke2.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

In all seriousness, I had a feeling you were going to show some mind-boggling stuff when you finally got around to it. I`m highly impressed, for whatever THAT`s worth! I echo the sentiments that you should show the B&B 1-24, and I`d love to see closer up shots of the Showcase 8, 13 and 14.

Finally, interesting to see how different collectors` philosophies can be so divergent. The number of multiple copies you have is amazing, particularly of B&B 28. In contrast, I have rarely ever had doubles, let alone triples and quadruples, because I wanted to fill in the runs and would prefer to sell my duplicates to raise the money to buy more books.

this pic just goes to show that even tough books are pretty easy to come by, if you keep buying them in whatever grade you see... One or two, maybe three are nice...but nothing like Dougs Vault copy! yikes!

1047716-StrangeTalesAnnuals.jpg

I LOVE the cover to that first Strange Tales Annual! Great Pix, Aman! 893applaud-thumb.gif

after much ado and hand wringing (not to mention some subtle neck wringing by certain parties over the past few months.) I took a few snapshots of some comics to show. I hope it was worth the wait.....

Well, all I can say is IT`S ABOUT FREAKIN` TIME!!! poke2.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

In all seriousness, I had a feeling you were going to show some mind-boggling stuff when you finally got around to it. I`m highly impressed, for whatever THAT`s worth! I echo the sentiments that you should show the B&B 1-24, and I`d love to see closer up shots of the Showcase 8, 13 and 14.

Finally, interesting to see how different collectors` philosophies can be so divergent. The number of multiple copies you have is amazing, particularly of B&B 28. In contrast, I have rarely ever had doubles, let alone triples and quadruples, because I wanted to fill in the runs and would prefer to sell my duplicates to raise the money to buy more books.

I was bummed last night that you werent around as I put them up. As for multiple copies, I just kept buying, figuring if one copy was a good deal, two or more were even better long term.

I was bummed last night that you werent around as I put them up. As for multiple copies, I just kept buying, figuring if one copy was a good deal, two or more were even better long term.

If I'd known you were posting more I would have stayed up longer. I was only up past my bedtime as I'd been responding to some inane General Forum posts. It's definitely cool to see multiple copies of key books as that's something I enjoyed when perusing dealer booths whe I first hit comic book conventions. I will admit that this is the first time I've seen a collection with that many duplicates. I did that with a few books myself, but nothing key like you have (think ASM 28 and 50 as opposed to B&B 28, ST Ann 1 etc.).

A group shot first, in no particular order.... still struggling to get the perfect size and res files..

1047663-JLA-B%2BBs.jpg

893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gif

Nice [embarrassing lack of self control] collection!

heres Showcase 1-15.

1047688-Showcase1-15.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'd say you have a few books with which to enrich this thread. Say, you wouldn't by chance be one of those collectors JC is always yammering about, you know the one who is hoarding in unecapsulated mylars vast reams of high grade Silver Age gems? poke2.gif

HERE'S WISHING EVERYONE A JOYOUS AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR! acclaim.gif

well, yes and no. my 'hoard' both proves and disproves JC pet theories about vast hoards of SA books. YES he is correct that plenty of copies are nestled in mylars out there. ...and...NO (as MY collection illustrates) the true NM and NM- books are NOT there in the vast quantities he claims.

I love your copy of Adventure 210. That's in pretty high grade. What grade would you give it? I just bought one last summer though it was only a 3.5 or 4.0. Still I feel I was lucky to have found one. I'm always looking to upgrade so let me know if you ever want to sell yours. Great Book!