• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thread closed per new rule

180 posts in this topic

I have removed everything that appears to be any way shape or form not in compliance with bulk item sales threads. So with this revision I present to you…The Happy Birthday comicalgems Mystery Box sales thread.

ABSOLUTELY NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE FREE STUFF.

It's June!!! So once again I'm here celebrating my Birthday by having an awesomely awesome sales thread. So let's treat this like a party! Party! Party! And of course, What's a birthday thread without gifts??? For those that were here last year I'm sure you can remember all the fun we had with that thread. This year's thread will have a gifting round where I will be giving birthday presents to other people both buyers and non-buyers, much like last year. Thread will also have other giveaways! Maybe the most giveaways of any thread I've ever ran!

Birthday Presents

Two qualifiers on Birthday Present so pay attention!

No purchase necessary to participate in the gift round all you have to do is post a HBD message on my actual birthday (June 29th) and post somewhere else in the thread during the month to state you want to be eligible to claim a birthday gift! There will be a list of all available gifts to choose from posted between now and June 29th. Claiming of a Birthday gift can not start until 6:36 PM Central time on June 29th! For those of you that recall last year, this is the same time that the gift round started in that thread! This year I'm turning 35 so I kind of want to do it up big!

EVERYONE who wants a freebie will get a freebie as long as they do the two things listed above. 1. Happy Birthday Message on the Birthday and 2. Post at least once in this thread.

Purchasing items DOES NOT improve your ability to claim free stuff.

Alright now for the business side of things! First off, let me just say it has been a heck of a lot of fun selling Mystery Boxes on these message boards for over a year. I've met a lot of great collectors, made a few friends and it's just been a lot of fun! Summer is here and I'm ready to get some books from my house to yours so HERE WE GO!

Sales Rules

No HOS or Probation, I may also decline to sell to you if I've heard terrible horrible things about you while you were not in the room. I kid I kid, but seriously no Probation or HOSers! Stupid HOSers!

Price includes shipping inside the US. All other locations please contact me for a quote on shipping. All packages will be insured for full purchase value and all packages will be sent with at least purchase price value of goods inside. Nearly all boxes will consist of comics, maybe sometimes some action figures, omnibuses, tpbs etc. Majority will be single issue comics unless you specifically request comics only be sent.

If there is a problem with your purchase for any reason whatsoever then you are invited to contact me. If I'm not responsive fast enough on the boards then e-mail me directly at the address I give for payment. I'm always happy to work out any issue.

If you love your purchase and want to show everyone what you got then you are highly encouraged to post pictures here. You can also see some pictures that were posted to my feedback thread (link in my signature line). What's a birthday party without pictures?

The Mystery Boxes

I offer three levels of Mystery Box, the Mystery Box (MB) $150, the Deluxe Mystery Box (DMB) $500 and the Super Deluxe Mystery Box (SDMB) $1500. With that said, being that this is the birthday month and it's time to party, let's also bring in the GRAIL BOX!!! (GB) $6,000. Box will be shipped in a USPS Flat Rate box. Either Medium or Large.

Starting with this list (I will update the first post to update the available list) but will update it as needed. If any questions feel free to PM me or ask them here. I look forward to interacting with a lot of previous buyers and hopefully some new ones too!

MB 1 Zalgardos

MB 2 CJ

MB 3 Skynwalker

MB 4 Diaolos

MB 5 Spacy

MB 6 Jaymole

MB 7 1Cool

MB 8 rittai

MB 9

MB 10 KryptoMayor

MB 11

MB 12-kowings

MB 13 Big.Daddy

MB 14

MB 15

MB 16 mytastebud

MB 17

MB 18

MB 19-ChrisF91

MB 20 entalmighty1

MB 21-zalgardos

MB 22

MB 23-zalgardos

MB 24

MB 25

DMB 1 rittai

DMB 2 diamonddave

DMB 3

DMB 4

DMB 5

DMB 6

DMB 7

DMB 8 Kapzilla

DMB 9

DMB 10

SDMB 1-redknight99

SDMB 2

SDMB 3

SDMB 4

SDMB 5

SDMB 6

SDMB 7

SDMB 8 rittai

SDMB 9

SDMB 10

GRAIL BOX (The Only One! PM if questions)

And lastly...

Lots of fun and looking forward to the next three weeks! I've been waiting to get this thread posted, but I feel like I've got some great surprises in store.

Payment

Payment via paypal preferred, payment expected within 24 hours of invoice unless other arrangements have been made. Payment plans are possible, especially on higher end items, PM me for terms, and terms will be case by case basis.

Posting List-I'll try to keep track of everyone who posts in the thread in this section. If I missed you from one of the deleted threads you can PM me to get your name added to the list to avoid bumping the thread unnecessarily.

Azkaban

fmaz

kapzilla

Zalgardos

Shawn Low

rittai

wombat

MediumLover

Rhymenoceros

Peter Palmer

1Cool

Musaki

ItsJustRyan

Zoso20

Rogue79

HarveySwick

Columbia Comics

Couchy81

Diamonddave

vlpboom

quadman78

mystastebud

Revat

Battlerob

Big.Daddy

IntoAnother

Spacy

Razorback

Jaymole

iceman399

bcphillips119

Revat

Doktor

MayorMcCheese

DEATHLOK9147

Diaolos

KryptoMayor

UncannyX-Force

Lpgk

loboagain

I was wondering who was going to try that. lol!

Glad the thread is back again. Sucks the thread keeps getting killed tho.

Edit: And damn... I was about to grab lucky 13. Gotta re-evaluate my favorite numbers.

I posted late last night (or I suppose very early this morning) but maybe it disappeared along with the previous thread(s).

If anyone's on the fence, my last round of boxes included a Stan Lee SS, an ASM 300, Avengers 57, 4 other CGC 9.8 slabs... lots of great stuff!

I'm between jobs right now so I'm trying to be good and sit this one out, but I'm sure I'll give in and buy something eventually. I always do. And it might even be the grail box!

But that would most likely be followed by some divorce papers from my wife. :P

I posted late last night (or I suppose very early this morning) but maybe it disappeared along with the previous thread(s).

If anyone's on the fence, my last round of boxes included a Stan Lee SS, an ASM 300, Avengers 57, 4 other CGC 9.8 slabs... lots of great stuff!

I'm between jobs right now so I'm trying to be good and sit this one out, but I'm sure I'll give in and buy something eventually. I always do. And it might even be the grail box!

But that would most likely be followed by some divorce papers from my wife. :P

Sorry to hear about the job situation. It seems like this is the year for that transition for a lot of people.

OK...people say i have the worse luck in the world, which is pretty much true, but I am hoping that beginner's luck will help me this time. This is the very first mystery box I have ever bought in my lifetime from anyone.

Since I would have taken MB13 hoping that 2 bad lucks will form good luck, I will pick 6 as that has negative connotations as well.

MB6 :takeit:

OK...people say i have the worse luck in the world, which is pretty much true, but I am hoping that beginner's luck will help me this time. This is the very first mystery box I have ever bought in my lifetime from anyone.

Since I would have taken MB13 hoping that 2 bad lucks will form good luck, I will pick 6 as that has negative connotations as well.

MB6 :takeit:

^^

Sorry to hear about the job situation. It seems like this is the year for that transition for a lot of people.

Thanks - I'm actually a freelancer, so my jobs are usually just for a short time anyway. It's just that this current time between jobs has been longer than most. Luckily I'm starting a new gig in July, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

And that means I just might decide to pick up a box or two. It is your birthday thread after all!