• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 1

146 posts in this topic

I hammered that one because of the foxing. I don't know why CGC would be more lenient - foxing is the gift that keeps on giving. Better change my strategy now.

Same here.

An 8.0!!??? Seriously!?? Wow. Just.... wow.

I have a AV57 7.0 that looks a TON better than that foxing-covered "8.0".

Looks like I WAY undergraded them both.

Congrats to the winners of this round!

The super zoom scans made me look at every tiny imperfection and be too harsh. Good exercise though.

Same here, this second round I didn't use the super scans. Let's see if I did any better.

WOW, I thought the stains on the back of the Avengers book would really take it down. I have a book in similar shape with less stains that came back a 6.5.

The "stains" are foxing, and it looks like CGC is a bit more lenient on foxing. They tend to hammer actual water stains and such.

I learned that the hard way in the March Madness finals.

You were still a ^^

Good to know! Thanks!

yikes, the 57 looked like an 8.0 without all the foxing. thought for sure it'd get dinged to 7.0 for all of that stuff.

I had 5.5 for the WF too, saw some staining lower FC in the big pics that I thought (guess I shouldn't thought), would knock the book down a bit.

yikes, the 57 looked like an 8.0 without all the foxing. thought for sure it'd get dinged to 7.0 for all of that stuff.

I had 5.5 for the WF too, saw some staining lower FC in the big pics that I thought (guess I shouldn't thought), would knock the book down a bit.

I thought the stress/creases and writing-then-erasing on the cover would have brought it down to about that same range as well.

Oh well!