• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 1

146 posts in this topic

I'm not in on the game, but would've been at 3 points for 7.5, and 3 points for a 6.0. More interesting to me is figuring out who the undergraders are in case I need to buy myself some raws... :grin:

I think Shin gives some of those stats later in the game. Who's overgrading, who's undergrading. The important thing to remember is some people habitually undergrade other people's comics while overgrading their own.

I'm not in on the game, but would've been at 3 points for 7.5, and 3 points for a 6.0. More interesting to me is figuring out who the undergraders are in case I need to buy myself some raws... :grin:

Some folks don't grade the same when it's their own books. 2c

so you are not participating but playing. odd

Not odd. He's warming up for next year's contest.

LMAO at my grade on the AV57.

The WF CGC grades early SA DC pretty inconsistently so I am not too surprised I was low on that one. Sometimes 56-60 DC get the GA scale sometimes they get the SA scale.

I will say though both books look a lot nicer in the reveal pics.

WOW, I thought the stains on the back of the Avengers book would really take it down. I have a book in similar shape with less stains that came back a 6.5.

The "stains" are foxing, and it looks like CGC is a bit more lenient on foxing. They tend to hammer actual water stains and such.

WOW, I thought the stains on the back of the Avengers book would really take it down. I have a book in similar shape with less stains that came back a 6.5.

The "stains" are foxing, and it looks like CGC is a bit more lenient on foxing. They tend to hammer actual water stains and such.

I learned that the hard way in the March Madness finals.

I learned that the hard way in the March Madness finals.

You were still a ^^

I hammered that one because of the foxing. I don't know why CGC would be more lenient - foxing is the gift that keeps on giving. Better change my strategy now.

Avengers 57 CGC 8.0

IMG_4333_zpsx3qvpkcc.jpg

World's Finest 88 CGC 6.5

IMG_4334_zpsljiplb5s.jpg

I would have gone 8.0 on AV 57, but I wasn't sure how all those spots/stains on the back cover were going to pan out.

Likewise, the color breaking creases on the left side of WF had me going low.

I didn't do super great, but I'm still in this.

I guessed 6.5, 7.5

How many points is that?

I was close on Avengers 57 (7.5); my 1st initial reaction was 8.0 and then I overanalyzed the book and went down to 7.5 and also 7.0 (thought it was staining and not foxing).

The WC 88, I was way off because of the spine creases (5.0). I didn't think the book was that nice at 6.5.

The super zoom scans made me look at every tiny imperfection and be too harsh. Good exercise though.