• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which of these comics is the king of the Copper age?

King of Copper  

612 members have voted

1. 1. King of Copper

153 posts in this topic

Come on, only 3 choices? And done in backwards-alpha to make sure TMNT is listed first?

Certainly not a lot Sherlock Holmes-level intellects around here.

It is a poll created directly from a thread in CG disputing which of these three keys is the king of the copper age.

You are looking way too much into it here. If you think another book genuinely should be on the list, say so and don't vote.

:shrug:

I voted for Spidey. Is telling which I voted for considered an attempt to sway votes?

I did too. Over 10k copies graded across all spectrums of grades, over 700 in 9.8 and still pulls $1k++ on a regular basis with no "movie hype", classic cover by a famous artist in a historic run at the top of his game, first full appearance of one of Spidey's best and most popular all time villains, who then became famous in his own right, etc etc etc. That book just has it all. :cloud9:

-J.

So it has come to this: we are arguing over who's poll is bigger. lol

Why do people even bother with these stupid polls?

It's obvious from the construction of this one, that it's just a TMNT fanboy looking to create a self-fulfilling prophecy so his weak ego can brag about his favorite book winning the race. Yeaaah!

grumpyoldman.jpg

lol

I voted for Spidey. Is telling which I voted for considered an attempt to sway votes?

I did too. Over 10k copies graded across all spectrums of grades, over 700 in 9.8 and still pulls $1k++ on a regular basis with no "movie hype", classic cover by a famous artist in a historic run at the top of his game, first full appearance of one of Spidey's best and most popular all time villains, who then became famous in his own right, etc etc etc. That book just has it all. :cloud9:

-J.

But Deadpool.

If you think another book genuinely should be on the list, say so and don't vote.

doh!

Wow, that statement really makes sense. Why not follow your own advice and if you don't agree with me, don't reply.

If you think another book genuinely should be on the list, say so and don't vote.

doh!

Wow, that statement really makes sense. Why not follow your own advice and if you don't agree with me, don't reply.

Wow, you're right. How silly of me! :doh:

Have a nice day! :foryou:

doh!

Wow, you're right. How silly of me!

Hey, you just broke your own "if you don't like it, don't participate" rule yet again. (tsk)

We're talking 'King' in terms of most popular comic over all, right?

Not most popular franchise in toys or movies?

Not most expensive?

Not most rare?

Most popular, right?

Well put and we'll said...

Longevity vs Popularity

Hmmm.

Let it begin. No one knows where it will end, one month to decide and all will be revealed!

250px-MarvelUS-01.jpg

Has beaten TMNT easily at the box office.

Sells more toys than TMNT.

Also came out before the Transformers cartoon show with Marvel being credited with creating most of Transformer`s iconic characters like G.I.JOE.

Transformers #1 started a billion dollar industry!

Let it begin. No one knows where it will end, one month to decide and all will be revealed!

250px-MarvelUS-01.jpg

Has beaten TMNT easily at the box office.

Sells more toys than TMNT.

Also came out before the Transformers cartoon show with Marvel being credited with creating most of Transformer`s iconic characters like G.I.JOE.

Transformers #1 started a billion dollar industry!

I am going to challenge the toys portion as well. Do you have any data to back up the claim?

TMNT comic hit shelves in May '84 and Transformers cartoon aired the same year in September '84. However, Transformers was an evolution/inspired by/of a Japanese program, so you could argue that the concept was older. The original TMNT cartoon didn't air until December '87 I believe, which would make Transformers available in mass media first, but not first to market. Which probably doesn't matter at all, but I find interesting. :shrug: