• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tokyo Ghost, Image Comics (Remender, Murphy, Hollingsworth)

62 posts in this topic

Picked up issue #1 today and I gotta say, I loved it.

The aspect of technology being aluded to an opium addiction, and the nanite infusion....

Good stuff here folks, and I like the perspective of the female lead watching her man succumb to his addiction. :applause: I'm counting down till issue #2.

I had some issues with the story. I think they were going for something emotional at the end of the issue and I just couldn't care because we know nothing about one of the main characters by that point.

A good writer should know when they can pull the emo strings and this was definitely premature in the story to try and do so. That just made me jump out of the book and not really want to continue. I don't like to be pandered too and felt the writer was on autopilot.

Secondly its not that new of a concept to me anyway as it reminded me a lot of Ghost in the Shell set in Escape from LA.

Third, the in jokes and self referential humor found in the web articles etc. just took me out of the story.

I had some issues with the story. I think they were going for something emotional at the end of the issue and I just couldn't care because we know nothing about one of the main characters by that point.

A good writer should know when they can pull the emo strings and this was definitely premature in the story to try and do so. That just made me jump out of the book and not really want to continue. I don't like to be pandered too and felt the writer was on autopilot.

Secondly its not that new of a concept to me anyway as it reminded me a lot of Ghost in the Shell set in Escape from LA.

Third, the in jokes and self referential humor found in the web articles etc. just took me out of the story.

+1

I was pretty disappointed with the 1st issue.

Hard to discount Remender as I love pretty much everything he's done.

I'll definitely only give it a couple if it doesn't improve.

Absolute Mad Max feel to it.

Best part to me are the blogs talking about how bad Murphy and Remender suck.

Patrick