• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncanny Xmen 510 Sketch J Scott Campbell
2 2

142 posts in this topic

Jay is right. That is part of the artwork. Crazy asking price aside, I wonder if potential buyers are shying away because they think the back cover is in terrible shape?

BTW He declined my $600 offer. Auto declined. lol

It looks better than that to me. He's right most of the defects are pressable. The only one that isn't is that little dog ear on the back. But even that could be significantly minimized. It probably could be a 9.0-9.2 as he says in his ad.

-J.

It can definitely benefit from a press but I'm around a 8.5-9 pressed. I asked the seller for a better pic of the bottom edge on the front cover and the request was just ignored. Makes me think there's a bit of imperfection there that can't be clearly seen from the way the book is pictured.

Still waiting for someone to post up a 9.8.

Same. Probably been a few years since a 9.8 was available on feebay.

Also, weird that the seller ignored your request for a better pic. It is not unreasonable at all given the asking price.

I think one was posted this time last year 9.8 SS and was sold off ebay for 1700-1800$ the seller told me..

That dent in the back cover, That looks on the book not the bag. Crazy what they asking for it.

I have a question for you guys.

I would like to get my book pressed. I guess I have to send it to that pressing service from CGC and then I can have it graded from them? Do I have to be a CGC Paid Member to do that? And the turn around on a book like that is what? 3-5 months? I am so curious if I can pull off a 9.6 with mine or even a 9.8.

It looks better than that to me. He's right most of the defects are pressable. The only one that isn't is that little dog ear on the back. But even that could be significantly minimized. It probably could be a 9.0-9.2 as he says in his ad.

-J.

It can definitely benefit from a press but I'm around a 8.5-9 pressed. I asked the seller for a better pic of the bottom edge on the front cover and the request was just ignored. Makes me think there's a bit of imperfection there that can't be clearly seen from the way the book is pictured.

Still waiting for someone to post up a 9.8.

Let me get mine graded. I really want to know what mine is now. I have a nice raw copy

That dent in the back cover, That looks on the book not the bag. Crazy what they asking for it.

I have a question for you guys.

I would like to get my book pressed. I guess I have to send it to that pressing service from CGC and then I can have it graded from them? Do I have to be a CGC Paid Member to do that? And the turn around on a book like that is what? 3-5 months? I am so curious if I can pull off a 9.6 with mine or even a 9.8.

You have the right idea, you'll need to get it pressed by someone, then subbed to CGC.

I'd PM 'joeypost' he'll do a superb job pressing your books and if you aren't a paid member, he can submit your books under his name and then ship them to you once he received them from CGC or put your address as the return address. I don't want to fully speak on his behalf but shoot him a PM and go from there (thumbs u

Jerome

It's so nice to have a peaceful and friendly conversation about a super cool, ultra rare modern variant. :whistle:

-J.

Well if you want to consider an "I own one, anybody else? here's an e-bay link - OP" an appreciation thread then reread the thread and look for things an "appreciation thread defender" might find offensive and there were a couple.

Considering this was a convention book that was handed out at two of some of the largest cons (SDCC and Heroes) I have been surprised by the legs it has had.

Many completists don't consider convention books to be part of the "core run" of a title. That's why few convention books ever catch on. Even the UXM 500 sketch covers top out at $5-600.

I think the fact that this book looks rare on the census and is a JSC cover is what keeps it going.

I've never heard that rumour before about some of the copies that were sent to SDCC being damaged. I do know that there was another pallet of them shipped a month earlier to Heroes that same year, however, and they were given out there as well.

Going to have to steer clear of this auction. The seller's opening bid was ambitious to say the least given the last sale from a couple months ago, and the subsequent bidding activity is extremely sketchy.

Thankfully that guy got his hands on one in November.

:D

Edited by bababooey

A 9.8 is available as a lot! There is someone on eBay selling 3 campbell Grails.

siege #3 9.2

Wolverine #1 deadpool mashup 9.8

Xmen 510 sketch 9.8

(worship)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-J-Scott-Campbell-variants-Uncanny-X-Men-510-Wolverine-1-Siege-3-/141869419161?nav=SEARCH

That seller has some balls.....

What do you mean? Because of his asking price ?

A 9.8 is available as a lot! There is someone on eBay selling 3 campbell Grails.

siege #3 9.2

Xmen 510 sketch 9.8

(worship)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-J-Scott-Campbell-variants-Uncanny-X-Men-510-Wolverine-1-Siege-3-/141869419161?nav=SEARCH

Yes

siege #3 9.2

Xmen 510 sketch 9.8

(worship)

Yes

I was going to jump on it, until I saw that 9.2.

:sorry:

Not that crazy of a asking price if you break it down per book. The seller would probably be better off selling all 3 auction style.

The wolverine deadpool #1 has seen sales of up to$3000+. A 510 sketch in 9.6 sold for $2900 a few weeks ago, this one is a 9.8. Siege 3 goes for 3k in 9.8, I probably value the 9.2 at 1k though.

If anyone buys the lot and doesn't want the wolverine #1, I will be interested in buying it. Just shoot me a pm . Maybe we can work something out. The wolverine deadpool is my target campbell books for 2016.

Not that crazy of a asking price if you break it down per book. The seller would probably be better off selling all 3 auction style.

The wolverine deadpool #1 has seen sales of up to$3000+. A 510 sketch in 9.6 sold for $2900 a few weeks ago, this one is a 9.8. Siege 3 goes for 3k in 9.8, I probably value the 9.2 at 1k though.

If anyone buys the lot and doesn't want the wolverine #1, I will be interested in buying it. Just shoot me a pm . Maybe we can work something out. The wolverine deadpool is my target campbell books for 2016.

So you're guessing at about $7,000+ for all three. I would say $2k or 20% high is a pretty big jump.

siege #3 9.2

Xmen 510 sketch 9.8

(worship)

The listing ended early, weird....

Jerome

So you're guessing at about $7,000+ for all three. I would say $2k or 20% high is a pretty big jump.

I don't think he's at $7k; he said a 9.6 510 sold for $2900 -- the one in the listing is a 9.8 so it would definitely go for more.

$3k (Wolv #1) + $1k (Siege #3) + > $3k (510 sketch)

The seller declined my offer for all 3 and told me the 510 was sold to someone.

Whoever bought it got it at a price I was willing to bid over had it been an open auction. Oh well. Time to wait for the next one.

Edited by pandahouse

I don't think he's at $7k; he said a 9.6 510 sold for $2900 -- the one in the listing is a 9.8 so it would definitely go for more.

$3k (Wolv #1) + $1k (Siege #3) + > $3k (510 sketch)

(shrug)