• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suspense 3 on ebay - ending tonight !

59 posts in this topic

Based upon this sale, what do you think Magik's top of census 9.0 Penn copy will go for in the next Heritage Signature auction in August? hm

just south of 100k

I say just north of 100 large

Rather surprised at these 2 estimates here as they appear to be on the low side in comparison to some recent sales of key or classic cover books.

For example, the recent CC auction had a VF 8.0 copy of More Fun 73 go for $99K or about 7.6X its condition guide price of only $13K. Another would be the 2.5 copy with brittle pages of 'Tec 31 with the classic Batman cover managed to fetch $42K or almost 4X its condition guide price of $13,750.

Based upon recent sales such as the 2 examples cited above, I would be rather surprised if this particular copy of Suspense 3 with all of its positive attributes would only be able to fetch double its condition guide price, given how hot the current marketplace is for key classic cover books.

Based upon this sale, what do you think Magik's top of census 9.0 Penn copy will go for in the next Heritage Signature auction in August? hm

just south of 100k

Rather surprised at these 2 estimates here as they appear to be on the low side in comparison to some recent sales of key or classic cover books.

For example, the recent CC auction had a VF 8.0 copy of More Fun 73 go for $99K or about 7.6X its condition guide price of only $13K. Another would be the 2.5 copy with brittle pages of 'Tec 31 with the classic Batman cover managed to fetch $42K or almost 4X its condition guide price of $13,750.

Based upon recent sales such as the 2 examples cited above, I would be rather surprised if this particular copy of Suspense 3 with all of its positive attributes would only be able to fetch double its condition guide price, given how hot the current marketplace is for key classic cover books.

I won't venture a guess, but though classic cover books do seem to be on fire, price wise this book has long been in a whole 'nother league when it comes to value. It's been priced more like a character key than a classic cover key, and as it lacks even an early appearance of a well known character on the cover ( like Tec 31), I wonder if there might be some resistance to having it keep up with superhero keys as they shoot past the low six figures.

11k - congrats to the winner !

Wow :o Didn't expect the book to sell for this high. Congrats to the buyer and seller.

The unrestored CGC 5.5 that sold back in 2010 for 15.5K has offers of over 20K on it according to Heritage. Last year a moderately restored 7.0 ( pieces added) sold for 6.9K on Heritage and it appears the floor for complete rags and extensively restored copies is around 4K, and has been for some time, so it doesn't seem that out of whack, maybe the high end of comparative range.

even at 100K for majic...its 119.5000 with fee....that is my prediction 120K
mitch. Most generally include the vig with their number. So if someone predicts 100k that's (80+ vig) etc.

I think 120 is possible but just not sure ...will be fun to watch

just south of 100k

I'm thinking somewhere ENE.

just south of 100k

I'm thinking somewhere ENE.

Somewhere West of the Pecos?

I wonder if there might be some resistance to having it keep up with superhero keys as they shoot past the low six figures.

I suspect there will be. I think it will end up between $71K—$84K.

I'm with the over $100K folks. It's (apparently) the best available copy of a super tough book. Given the prices we have seen lately for any high grade copy of any GA issue that can be called a key or semi-key or quasi-key in any way, shape, or form, less than $100K would be an astonishing result, I think.

I wonder if there might be some resistance to having it keep up with superhero keys as they shoot past the low six figures.

I'm with the over $100K folks. It's (apparently) the best available copy of a super tough book. Given the prices we have seen lately for any high grade copy of any GA issue that can be called a key or semi-key or quasi-key in any way, shape, or form, less than $100K would be an astonishing result, I think.

Well, it is a tough book in high grade, but it isn't nearly as tough as we all used to think, right?

But I agree with Jack's comment that anything can happen in a bidding war.

I don't like this book at these prices, so I'm not at all a booster for this book... I have fear for anyone who gets into this book at six figures.

That being said an 8.0 sold for around $50,000 nearly ten years ago now. By any back of a napkin valuation, the best copy of this book is a $100,000 comic. That 8.0 is probably a $71k-84k book now.

(which is crazy to me.)

Yes, I would also be surprised if this book did not hit the $100K mark.

Especially since it would take only a couple bidders like Fishler and one of the other big boys to send it over the top. hm

Well, it is a tough book in high grade, but it isn't nearly as tough as we all used to think, right?

But I agree with Jack's comment that anything can happen in a bidding war.

more copies have flushed out the past ten years but it is still a rare book in the marketplace and overall. Only 30 total copies on the CGC census last I checked. At 6 figures, there are alot of other superhero GA books that can be had. But if you want the best condition, this one is it and it only takes two squirrels to go nuts over it.

I won't venture a guess, but though classic cover books do seem to be on fire, price wise this book has long been in a whole 'nother league when it comes to value. It's been priced more like a character key than a classic cover key, and as it lacks even an early appearance of a well known character on the cover ( like Tec 31), I wonder if there might be some resistance to having it keep up with superhero keys as they shoot past the low six figures.

Although the comic book market is definitely superhero centric, it looks like the 2 key Archie books in the right grade would have no problems shooting past the low six figures price range.

And Archie for all intents and purposes, is not a superhero book.