• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 3

178 posts in this topic

hm I never thought that my words there may have an effect on people deciding not to join in. If that thought did cross my mind, I wouldn`t have made a peep.

The flaw was not in your words, but in allowing non-participants to get a higher score than someone who plays and misses.

Then again, hopefully anyone with even a remote chance of winning plays this round, and it never enters into who eventually wins.

For me, it's books where it seems, at least by broad sentiment, that CGC was off with the grade, some book that is inconsistent with comparable books at comparable grades. Then you're not trying to determine a grade; rather, you're trying to determine a misconstrued grade.

I remember one contest years ago that was all "trick books" that were specially selected and submitted for the contest - stuff that looked NM getting a 7.0 because of some weird flaw, a book that looked like an 8.0 getting a 9.4 because of a blind grader, or books submitted with a bizarre type of damage (hard-to-see full-length rip on a common book) that would never be submitted to CGC otherwise, etc.

That was not fun.

hm I never thought that my words there may have an effect on people deciding not to join in. If that thought did cross my mind, I wouldn`t have made a peep.

The flaw was not in your words, but in allowing non-participants to get a higher score than someone who plays and misses.

Then again, hopefully anyone with even a remote chance of winning plays this round, and it never enters into who eventually wins.

(thumbs u

By the way, I added a new STAT to the GRADE BREAKDOWNS chart... It shows the MEAN (Average Grade Given) of all submitted grades. (thumbs u

This was from Round 2:

Round_2-Breakdowns.png

AND WITH 100 OUT OF 143 GRADES IN...

The current state of this ROUND:

So you're saying everyone crashed and burned except slim gingers with weak beards.

:acclaim:

By the way, I added a new STAT to the GRADE BREAKDOWNS chart... It shows the MEAN (Average Grade Given) of all submitted grades. (thumbs u

This was from Round 2:

Round_2-Breakdowns.png

Pretty cool Shin. Can you show me the one for this round? I want to compare it. Especially the green part.

This was from Round 2:

Round_2-Breakdowns.png

Pretty cool Shin. Can you show me the one for this round? I want to compare it. Especially the green part.

You can look at it around 7:30... later if the Warriors are losing to the Cavs. :makepoint:lol

This was from Round 2:

Round_2-Breakdowns.png

You can look at it around 7:30... later if the Warriors are losing to the Cavs. :makepoint:lol

Oh...they will be. :gossip:

Grades in, that Superman was tough....

I think I nailed it but I'm not sure if Andy and Shin will recognize...

eBay: "Nice, Glossy, Mint in original Mylar"