• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 3

178 posts in this topic

Well, my strategy of grading higher than what I would have personally graded it didn't work out this time around.

I would have nailed the Sup perfectly if I hadn't been so spooked by those ultra-generous grades in the last two rounds, I gave Sup a 4.0

But that FF.... wow, only a 6.0 compared to the "8.0" AV57 rag that started this game. Wow. I gave the FF an 8.0 too.

Ah well, it's all good... :cool:

Fantastic Four%2046_1_small.jpg

Fantastic Four%2046_2_small.jpg

I'm learning as well, guys. This book may very well be a re-sub candidate, but it certainly tells me that tanning on the covers should not be taken lightly. Other than that, the book is really sharp and presents like a 7.5/8.0, IMHO. When I subbed it, I was hoping for an 8.0.

I'm learning as well, guys. This book may very well be a re-sub candidate, but it certainly tells me that tanning on the covers should not be taken lightly. Other than that, the book is really sharp and presents like a 7.5/8.0, IMHO. When I subbed it, I was hoping for an 8.0.

How fried are the interior covers?

The color loss/tanning/foxing at the bottom of the cover is pretty substantial, which would lead me to believe that the interior cover is pretty burnt, but I may be wrong @ that. That's what brought me to guess 6.5.

Anyhow, you're totally right, the book presents like an 8.0.

How fried are the interior covers?

The color loss/tanning/foxing at the bottom of the cover is pretty substantial, which would lead me to believe that the interior cover is pretty burnt, but I may be wrong @ that. That's what brought me to guess 6.5.

Anyhow, you're totally right, the book presents like an 8.0.

I don't remember. I just remember buying it and placing it in my "send to CGC" pile.