• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 5 Results

35 posts in this topic

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 5 Results

BK 1: Green Lantern 76 Off-White to White Pages - Actual Grade: 6.5

BK 2: Marvel Super-Heroes 18 White Pages - Actual Grade: 6.5

Link to Books and Scans

Round 5 Grade Breakdowns

Round_5-Breakdowns.png

2015 Grading Contest: Round 5 Results - Leader Board

Round_5-Leaders.png

Round 5 COMMENTARY

ONE. That's how many Double Bullseyes we had this round. ONE. :o

It took five rounds, but a familiar face now stands atop the standings. Seizing control of FIRST PLACE:

toro! :acclaim:

Despite a stellar showing the first eight books, 427Impaler crashes with the worst possible score. Can he get back on track? :wishluck::eek:

Fighting his way into the Top Ten comes AJD, moving up 14 places and climbing steadily! :headbang: Congrats also to W16227 and yoddler for cracking the Top Ten! :applause:

We are HALFWAY there! It's time to make your move or fall by the wayside. :sumo:

In the END, there can be ONLY ONE! :acclaim:

Will ROUND 6 break you? hm

6.5 !?!?!?! Need a head scratch emoticon. Thought for sure the rust on the MSH would be at least a .5 deduction on top of the other defects.

I had 7.0 on the GL, 5.5 on the MSH. Guess I should be content that I was able to maintain my ground.

6.5 !?!?!?! Need a head scratch emoticon. Thought for sure the rust on the MSH would be at least a .5 deduction on top of the other defects.

I had 7.0 on the GL, 5.5 on the MSH. Guess I should be content that I was able to maintain my ground.

100% agree, i had the GL76 @ a 7.0 and the MSH @ a 5.0

Oh, so close. I had a feeling they would both be the same grade after the extremes of round 4, and felt fairly confident they would be in the FN neighborhood, 5.5 to 6.5. i wasn't sure how CGC would treat the obvious fading on the GL, and felt 6.5 was maybe a tad generous for the MSH with the nasty rust bleed, so I went with 6.0 on both figuring I wouldn't be too far off either way. I was right, but just missing it is frustrating.

At least I continue my slow climb from the basement. I'm not surprised it's toro with the double bulls eye, the man is uncanny.

Wow :o

I know CGC lightened up on rusty staples, but I didn't realize they went that far. To bleed through a book that thick and still get a 6.5...?!?!? Again, congrats to the owner but wow. Maybe I'm old school but im shocked by that grade.

However, it made for a fun round :headbang: onwards and upwards, thanks again to the organizers!

Wow :o

I know CGC lightened up on rusty staples, but I didn't realize they went that far. To bleed through a book that thick and still get a 6.5...?!?!? Again, congrats to the owner but wow. Maybe I'm old school but im shocked by that grade.

However, it made for a fun round :headbang: onwards and upwards, thanks again to the organizers!

I marked it down to a 6.5 because of the rust. For me it was a nice copy but needed a hard downgrade.