• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 5 Results

35 posts in this topic

6.5 !?!?!?! Need a head scratch emoticon. Thought for sure the rust on the MSH would be at least a .5 deduction on top of the other defects.

I had 7.0 on the GL, 5.5 on the MSH. Guess I should be content that I was able to maintain my ground.

Exactly my thinking too! Same grade I gave them.

Oh, so close. I had a feeling they would both be the same grade after the extremes of round 4, and felt fairly confident they would be in the FN neighborhood, 5.5 to 6.5. i wasn't sure how CGC would treat the obvious fading on the GL, and felt 6.5 was maybe a tad generous for the MSH with the nasty rust bleed, so I went with 6.0 on both figuring I wouldn't be too far off either way. I was right, but just missing it ....

had the same thoughts. I had the GL at a 6.5 with MSH at 5.5 -- then thought after wide ranging last round-- wouldn't it be funny to put the same score in after that wild ride last time. so I split the difference and put them both at 6.0

still moving up somehow though so no complaints. But had I just put in the 6.5 and 5.5, I would have the same points and an extra bullseye.

on to round 6

Oh I HAMMERED the GL because of that half-baked cover.

Undergrade_zpskshzwbej.jpg

Yup, me too. I seem to remember a fully-faded X-Men 94 with similarly nice structure that CGC said was in the VG range -- that ring a bell with anyone? I guessed 5.5 on the GL 76, though admittedly it was a wild guess. I can't imagine anyone would be overly pleased with it if they bought it as a 6.5 sight unseen.

Oh I HAMMERED the GL because of that half-baked cover.

Undergrade_zpskshzwbej.jpg

Yup, me too. I seem to remember a fully-faded X-Men 94 with similarly nice structure that CGC said was in the VG range -- that ring a bell with anyone? I guessed 5.5 on the GL 76, though admittedly it was a wild guess. I can't imagine anyone would be overly pleased with it if they bought it as a 6.5 sight unseen.

(thumbs u That X Men 94 is exactly why I also graded it a 5.5 even though my initial feeling was 7.0 and then I remembered the X Men 94

The constantly improving list has dwindled from 18 to 9...CONGRATS to the 9! :headbang:

yoddler (9)

01TheDude (16)

Jazzman (16)

spidermanbeyond (16)

rjpb (30)

TheGeneral (30)

Thanos88 (30)

ARK (50)

oakman29 (63)

Out-thunk myself that round...had the GL76 down to 7.0 and then bumped back to 7.5...

Had the MSH18 at 6.5 out of the gate...now what to deduct for the rust migration...all we hear is the drumbeat CGC hammers stains and rust...so I was pretty comfortable dropping to 5.5 and then went with 5.0 at the last minute... :frustrated:

Thing is, let's say the obvious rust migration is a one-point downgrade...that would make the book a 7.5 without the rust...that book is not a 7.5 without the rust IMO... (shrug)

Oh yeah and HAPPY DAD'S DAY to all the dads out there! :headbang:

Heard this joke this week...

Father's day is basically an excuse for your kids to congratulate you for having had sex with their mom... lol

The constantly improving list has dwindled from 18 to 9...CONGRATS to the 9! :headbang:

yoddler (9)

01TheDude (16)

Jazzman (16)

spidermanbeyond (16)

rjpb (30)

TheGeneral (30)

Thanos88 (30)

ARK (50)

oakman29 (63)

:banana: Now if we have 30 rounds,and 80% of the players not vote. I could get to the top ten. lol

A little Cross-Promotion: The VCC is happening this weekend in the VCC HALL...

VCC_Logo_june20-21.jpg

VCC XXXI Hours:

Saturday, June 20 12pm EDT - Midnight EDT (soft close)

Sunday, June 21, 2015 4 - 10pm EDT

» Page 1 Sellers Booth Description
       FlyingDonut All-New, All-Different! Original owner collection with ALL SORTS of goodies, including the 30 cent variant Holy Grail.
Epic Peach No reasonable offers will be refused. I ship worldwide. Satisfaction guaranteed.
crassus Comics, Mags, ltd edition Books & Prints, Original Art
valiantman (mostly) Copper/Modern CGC slabs
tkg2627
zzutak 10-Cent Era Awesomeness !
paperheart High Grade Bronze/Copper/Modern Raw/Slabs
fmaz FMAZ Comics 'n Stuff: Silver, Bronze and Copper 1st appearances and keys! Watch for changing special offers throughout the show!
» Page 2 Sellers Booth Description
       Bird Original Comic Art, Inexpensive CGC Slabs, and Modern Raw Comics
skypinkblu Reasonably priced Modern and earlier books and lots. Great return policy ;)
Jeffro™ Jeffro's multi-genre, multi-age hodge podge
mister_not_so_nice Comics and comic lots starting at FIVE CENTS !
MYNAMEISLEGION
mrwoogieman
edowens71
towards2112 Taken over by Thanos
krakenslair
Ryan.
» Page 3 Sellers Booth Description
       DavidTheDavid
bcphillips119
Zalgardos
Skynwalker
ygogolak
Meeklo Meeklo's Random *Spoon*
Shark
loboagain/b>
wasonff
silverweb
» Page 4 Sellers Booth Description
       LoneTree
agro23
blue808
marmat FOREIGN EDITIONS, SOME REALLY RARE ONES
Number 6 A little Silver, mostly Bronze, Copper and Modern DC, Marvel, and Indies, nice selection of Moore Swamp Things, a .50 cent booth, and some cool vintage Sci-Fi paperbacks
alecholland
Point Five
vaillant
Kaptain Kollektor
GACollectibles
» Page 5 Sellers Booth Description
       whomerjay
W16227 Random CGC slabs
Monkeyman
drbanner
Badger
iceman399 Keys are better than candles