• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 6

195 posts in this topic

So what happens to those that miss the deadline?

They get Zeros, but they really should get -1 per book. No way skipping a test should get you a higher mark than being a man and giving it a shot.

+1

I still don't know how you get an 8.5 with all those reading creases on the outside edge, along with the other incidental damage. CGC must have chocked it up to "bad printer edge" right, as they hammer "Mylar creases" worse than that one a similar-condition book.

My worst round yet. I thought a little higher on the Avengers, but I thought the Jingle Jangle for sure had some staining spots that I thought they'd nail. It must be part of the book (shrug)

No, they aren't. They evidently got a pass because... I dunno (shrug)

I still don't know how you get an 8.5 with all those reading creases on the outside edge, along with the other incidental damage. CGC must have chocked it up to "bad printer edge" right, as they hammer "Mylar creases" worse than that one a similar-condition book.

I think the bc was the worst part of the Avengers 54. Guessed 8.0, but there's no way I actually think the book is even an 8.0.

Over graders special. Keep it on the same shelf as the World's Finest 88.

I think the bc was the worst part of the Avengers 54. Guesses 8.0, but there's no way I actually think the book is even an 8.0.

Yeah, I had 7.5 initially, which I thought was a fair grade for the book, but if I bought that as an 8.5, I would be very disappointed. Just too much stuff going on.

There is really no explanation other than CGC quantifying those reading creases as "Marvel chipping/dull printer blades" or similar.

I thought it was soiling at first, too, but I realized it's too regular a pattern. It had to be show through from the inside cover. Look at the "stain" that runs in a straight line from the turtle up through the alligator's face. Stains wouldn't likely form a straight line. I may be wrong, but that's what I assumed, and I gave it a 9.2.

I thought it was soiling at first, too, but I realized it's too regular a pattern. It had to be show through from the inside cover. Look at the "stain" that runs in a straight line from the turtle up through the alligator's face. Stains wouldn't likely form a straight line. I may be wrong, but that's what I assumed, and I gave it a 9.2.

Huh. Good thinking! Never occurred to me.