• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House got robbed :(

91 posts in this topic

Hi, we just came back from Heroes Con in Charlotte to find that our house has been broken into and several things stolen. Strange robbery in that they stole none of our electronics big or small. Yet they stole and trashed quite a bit of my wife's anime toy collection.

As far as comics they didn't take any of the slabs I have displayed in my comic room or the 3 boxes of slabs I have for resale..or even any of the raw books I have in my waiting to send to CGC pile. What the did take were some random John Byrne comics that were waiting to be read, the first 15 or so issues of Master of Kung Fu and the worst of all...my HG X-Men set that I've been collecting since the late 1970's issues 94-150. Some of those books are irreplaceable in the sense that my mother bought me some of the earlier issues I didn't get off the stand as presents.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone in the Chicago area hears anything about a HG run being offered, please contact me.

Thanks for your time

Casey

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like some young kids to me. Tommarrow, I'll contact some of the local shops down on the south side and let them know just in case the s try to unload them down here.

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like some young kids to me. Tommarrow, I'll contact some of the local shops down on the south side and let them know just in case the s try to unload them down here.

Thanks Tim, I really appreciate that. I've started to call some of the stores in my area and let them know too.

were the X-Men slabs? I just notified two shops.

Otaku hobbies is going to contact Creative and another shop tommarrow. Hope you get those books back.

Sorry to hear that brother,sucks.

It make you feel like you've been violated,and that feeling is the worst.

+1

Sorry to hear about this. :(

That sucks Casey...sorry it happened to you.

I've been robbed before, once at gunpoint. It's difficult to shake that feeling of violation.

Hope you get your books back. :wishluck:

Make sure to check Craigslist in your area too.

Anime toys and comics sounds like grade-school thrillseekers rather than a "for money" type hit. Like some bored kids knew you were gone and went for it.

Horrible violation and loss. Good luck catching the bastards. :wishluck:

That sucks, good luck in recovering them. My families house was robbed while we were on vacation when I was younger and lost some valuable stuff including some family heirlooms. Not fun to come home to :(