• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Green Lantern reboot thread.

135 posts in this topic

Mad Max: Fury Road's George Miller Rumored to Direct Green Lantern Corps

Mad Max: Fury Road director George Miller is purportedly a candidate to direct Warner Bros.' Green Lantern Corps.

According to Heroic Hollywood , the Oscar-winning director "is being rumored" for the film, which was announced at San Diego Comic-Con in 2015.

Miller has been associated with Warner Bros. and DC films for a while now—back in 2007, the director had plans for a Justice League film that was ultimately scrapped. Miller was also once said to be linked with Man of Steel 2.

YES PLEASE! I liked him in the 'Second Chance' TV show on Fox.

Robert Kazinsky Wants To Play Green Lantern Guy Gardner

wWlvhe4.png

Robert Kazinsky, known for True Blood and Warcraft, answered a fan's question on Twitter about what superhero he would like to play with mention of Green Lantern Guy Gardner.

"If I was younger, Barry Allen. Other than that, Guy Gardner. I'll take him," Kazinsky said. "I'll play Darkseid. Can I play Darkseid? I'd like to play Darkseid. Oh, can I be Batman [smiles]? I'd like to be Batman as well. Maybe Supes, I could definitely be Superman. Is there anyone I wouldn't like to be superhero-wise? Captain Britain, I'll be him. Wonder Twins -- I can't play twins. I can be a bucket ..."

Don't Blame Greg Berlanti For Green Lantern Movie Failure

For fans of the DC TV series, Arrow, The Flash, DC's Legends Of Tomorrow and Supergirl, you may have been left scratching your head wondering why those shows are so good while the Green Lantern movie was a failure.

Greg Berlanti is the showrunner of the DC TV series (and might direct the Booster Gold movie) and is credited as a writer and producer on the Green Lantern movie.

"I've had a lot of stuff not work on TV, too. I've had as much failure in this business as I've had success, across both spectrums. We can count pillows! (Laughs.) But Green Lantern is a great one to point to. I got fired from that movie as a writer and as a director, and yet my name was all over it. I still get blamed for it, even though I had nothing to do with the finished product. As Marc Guggenheim always says, there's a very Google-able -script that we did write that was not executed that I still stand by. But at the time, I thought, "Oh God, that noose will hang around my neck my whole life."

"My only request [when we started on Arrow] was to let us do it our way because I was so heartbroken by what had happened. Being a part of something like that when you've loved those characters your whole life, and thinking you're not going to really get a chance to participate before you even start was very [tough]. Having to go every day to see whatever version of the film that they'd concocted at that point was a bit like having to buckle in and go drive to the same auto accident every day and get hit by the same car. "

What a shame! But it sounds like he took the lesson learned to the CW shows.

Luke Evans Could Look Like This As Sinestro

mkHVeQm.png

One of the best-kept secrets of the DC Cinematic Universe is the Green Lantern Corps project, which isn't slated to hit theaters until sometime in 2020.

Rumors have surfaced that actor Luke Evans has been approached for the part of Hal Jordon's greatest nemesis Sinestro, who also happens to lead the yellow corps of fear. It isn't confirmed that he has accepted the role, or if he was even offered it in the first place, but that doesn't mean we can't wonder what Evans would look like in the vaunted part.

Enter the talented artist BossLogic, who has given fans his own rendition of what he might appear like in the film on his Twitter account.

Luke Evans is a really solid actor. This could work.

Is Andre Gordon Teasing A Green Lantern Role?

Not much is known about DC's vision for their Green Lantern franchise, other that it exists and will likely be introduced in Justice League, though a recent post on social media might be the first clue.

The post comes from actor Andre Gordon (Modern Family, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir), who shared a picture of John Stewart's Green Lantern.

ufOOXYT.png

This fits in line with previous rumors that point towards multiple Green Lanterns from sector 2814 being in the film universe and eventually in the Green Lantern Corps film. This is likely to consist of John Stewart, Hal, and possibly either Guy Gardner and Kyle Raynor. If this turns out to be true, that means that John Stewart could very well be the main Green Lantern of the Justice League, though most are still betting that it will be Hal Jordan.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS Will be Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart Lethal Weapon Space Story

green-lantern-corps-movie-hal-jordan-jon-stewart-224559.jpg

In a breaking news announcement, DC Films has confirmed the premise and character plans for its Green Lantern reboot film, Green Lantern Corps.

Fans have been wondering for some time which of the four earth-bound Green Lanterns from DC Comics lore the film will focus on - and now we know. Green Lantern Corps. will focus on Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart, in what is described as a "Lethal Weapon in space" story premise.

Deadline dropped the exclusive on the film's creative team, which is sure to get DC Comics fans in an uproar (Read why HERE). As for the characters at the center of the film?

The Lethal Weapon comparison (while being awkwardly on-the-nose, racially) is fitting, in this case. Hal Jordan is a 'devil may care' cocky plane pilot, while Jon Stewart is a meticulous and disciplined Marine. The two of them have had many moments of friction on the comic book page, and with the right casting, could definitely the type of banter and buddy-cop arc that movie fans love to see.

Sterling K. Brown Wants To Play John Stewart In Green Lantern Corps

john-stewart-sterling-k-brown-224710.jpg

While we're trying to parse out fact from fiction, though, there's the matter that nobody has been seriously attached to the John Stewart role, even in the world of internet rumor.

As you might expect, that opens up the door for a lot of actors to talk about how much they'd like to play the part. Tyrese Gibson has been saying it for some time, indicating that he had even met with DC about the possibility.

d2EGxC0.png

One such actor is This is Us and The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story star Sterling K. Brown, who took to Twitter at the behest of Emmy-winning writer/producers Jay Bushman to plead his case.

Green Lantern Corps Shortlist Revealed

According to The Wrap, that shortlist includes actors like Tom Cruise, Joel McHale, Bradley Cooper, Armie Hammer, and Jake Gyllenhaal for the coveted role. Oh, and Ryan Reynolds, who played the role in Warner Bros. previous rendition of Green Lantern.

No casting decisions have yet been made of course, and the studio hasn't even discussed the role of Jordan with the actors yet. Still, it gives a good idea of what they're going for. The most surprising addition here is Reynolds, which goes to show you just how much of a homerun Deadpool was. His stock is at an all-time high, and having him be a part of the cast would assure a built-in audience. That said, it doesn't mean he's the best choice for the part.

:o

Is X-MEN Star James Marsden Also Being Eyed For Hal Jordan Role In GREEN LANTERN CORPS?

James_Marsden.jpg

It was earlier today that a possible shortlist of actors to play Hal Jordan in Green Lantern Corps, but We Got This Covered claims to have now learned of an additional name to be under consideration.

Well, after reaching out to a source about this possible casting news, they've been told that "Ever since Westworld Marsden has been pretty hot around here. They’ve discussed him for Hal as well." That makes sense seeing as the actor has made something of a comeback thanks to the HBO series, though it definitely sounds like Warner Bros. is seemingly just throwing around random names at this stage.

I like that potential pick. Especially after HBO's Westworld.

Sterling K. Brown Gives An Update On His GREEN LANTERN Aspirations

sterling-k-brown.jpg

When word first broke concerning the DCEU's (rumored) plans for Green Lantern Corps. Brown quickly threw his hat in the ring for the role of John Stewart.  Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Brown has stated that there's been no progress since his Tweet from three months ago.

"Let me say that the campaign has never been officially launched. That’s just Brown sending out a tweet innocuously in the middle of the night after he recognized that the role needed to be cast. Like ‘Hey, I like Green Lantern, give it a shot.’ No further updates on the development of the Green Lantern pursuit, but I’m still very much interested and intrigued in playing that role."