• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Green Lantern reboot thread.

135 posts in this topic

There was nothing wrong with the Ryan Reynolds original.

(:

:o

Who has taken over your account?

I'm hoping NGE is just messing with us. :taptaptap:
Yeah, I'm just funning you guys. Almost died in my truck Monday (check out my tire on FB Nick), so stuff just feels weird now and I have a strong feeling of gratefulness. Life can just stop, like that.

I think the greatest flaw in Green Lantern was utterly wasting Tim Robbins. I've been watching him dominate The Player for the past two nights and kinda in the mood to watch Mystic River now, but this is an actor that can elevate even Erik The Viking in something the paycheck he took for Green Lantern couldn't.

I was pretty forgiving of the Director's Cut when I first watched it, but after watching the animated First Flight and Emerald Knights (seeing what the character is really about), thumbs way down for me (except for Mark Strong's role).

Now I’m Hearing Chris Pine For GREEN LANTERN Too

I think I'm going to owe Latino Review an apology. A week or so ago the site reported that the role Chris Pine is up for in the DC Movieverse is actually Hal Jordan for Justice League and a rebooted Green Lantern (to feature multiple Earther Green Lanterns), which flew in the face of reports from the trades that Pine would play Steve Trevor, the love interest in Wonder Woman. It seemed weird to me at the time - how could the trades have this story so very wrong? - and I cautioned all to take the scoop with a heaping of salt.

But this weekend I talked to someone close to Chris Pine who confirmed that the actor is in fact up for Hal Jordan. And that he had been offered Steve Trevor. But most of all the source told me that, as of end of business Thursday, Pine hadn't officially signed on to anything - despite Warner Bros wanting him to come out on stage at Comic Con this weekend.

Tyrese can't stop talking about meeting with Warner

"Don't tell anyone. But I just met with Warner about the Green Lantern movie."

:baiting:

“Well I was innocent from the beginning,” said Tyrese Gibson before recalling how his interest in Green Lantern began. “I was at home eating a bowl of Lucky Charms in my drawers, my ugly feet were out, and I got about six direct messages on Instagram with photos of me as the Green Lantern. This particular fan who did this fan art said that there was a community of people that had been talking for like a month and a half about who they think would be the best Green Lantern and they all picked me. I said to them, ‘I took the oath, and I am going to commit myself to this process of seeing what’s possible.’” He continued, “I’ve already had a couple of meetings at Warner Bros., so we’ll see what happens. I do believe that there needs to be more black superheroes out there, but that’s not even my motivation. I think I would be the best Green Lantern and based on my fans and supporters that spent around $6 billion in box office receipts, I feel like there’s a fanbase of fans out there waiting to see me put on this green suit and do my thing. So I would love to confirm something today but I can’t. We’ll just keep following up.”