• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Green Lantern reboot thread.

135 posts in this topic

lol

I saw the first one and was about to say "I'd rather have Nathan Fillion" (thumbs u

He has cancelled some appearances in the fall. hm

That's good news. Time to start the rumour mill... ;):grin:

Rumors On Green Lantern Corps

As for Green Lantern Corps movie, scheduled for a 2020 release as well, the site describes it as buddy-cop actioner set in space. To be more exact: "Lethal Weapon in space." And playing the Riggs and Murtaugh roles will be Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

I would have thought Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner would be the more fitting opposites.

Rumors On Green Lantern Corps

As for Green Lantern Corps movie, scheduled for a 2020 release as well, the site describes it as buddy-cop actioner set in space. To be more exact: "Lethal Weapon in space." And playing the Riggs and Murtaugh roles will be Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

I would have thought Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner would be the more fitting opposites.

I like the idea of having John Stewart. He's a great character.

I wonder if GG will be in the movie anyway?

Green Lantern Corps Concept Art From Warner Bros. Shows Both Hal Jordan And John Stewart

It's likely no surprise that the forthcoming Green Lantern Corps film from Warner Bros. will feature both Hal Jordan and John Stewart, the two best-known characters to wear the ring of Green Lantern.

Still, Cinefilos says that they've just seen some concept art that features both characters -- possibly the same or similar art as was seen at Comic Con International: San Diego.

Exhibited at the Professional Days of Cinema of Sorrento, the piece of art was part of a video presentation looking forward on the DC Entertainment movies that are rolling out starting in March with Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.

I think at a few points he has hinted Warner has selected him already.

Tyrese Ticked Off Warner Bros. With Green Lantern Hype

"You know how they have fan-made kind of things online? A fan did this image of me as the Green Lantern. A fan. And I was like, 'Woah, that looks cool.' And I posted it on my Instagram, and it just went crazy -- over 1,500 sites. And it was just all of this buzz, and I was like I might as well run with this thing. And I did," Tyrese said.

"Pissed the people off, a little bit, at Warner Brothers because they thought that I had convinced the world that I had landed the role, which I didn't. And I said, 'If you go down my timeline, at no point did I say the role is mine,'" explained Tyrese. "But, you know, there have been other artists, actors and actresses who have put up images of them as a comic book character and ended up landing a role. So I was like, it's worth giving it a shot."

"I did meet with Warner Brothers, though. And...um...shoot me a prayer, Larry. I would love it. I've taken the oath. I would love to do it," Tyrese said.

Green Lantern Corps Movie Rumored To Include Three Green Lanterns From Earth

According to Latino Review's sources, the upcoming Green Lantern Corps movie will feature Hal Jordan and John Stewart, but also Kyle Rayner. In addition, the studio is aiming for one to be around the same age as actor Matt Damon, while the other two lanterns will be younger.

Some were disappointed that we didn't get a Green Lantern introduction in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and the earliest they might show up according to Zack Synder is around Justice League Part 2.

:whee:

...Some were disappointed that we didn't get a Green Lantern introduction in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and the earliest they might show up according to Zack Synder is around Justice League Part 2.

I believe someone said something very similar a few days back... :whistle: