• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The First Kevin Eastman Sketch Opp Pick up and drop off at SDCC

134 posts in this topic

From the sounds of it, several people have heard from him recently. Perhaps the next time someone communicates with him, they can :baiting: him into carving out 3 minutes to come here and give a quick, mass update to appease the masses. It would go a long way.

Something like "Sorry guys. Been busy. The books are ___________ and I anticipate them getting to CGC by ___________."

My 2c

From the sounds of it, several people have heard from him recently. Perhaps the next time someone communicates with him, they can :baiting: him into carving out 3 minutes to come here and give a quick, mass update to appease the masses. It would go a long way.

Something like "Sorry guys. Been busy. The books are ___________ and I anticipate them getting to CGC by ___________."

My 2c

Agree, I've spoke to him 1 time since the amazing Hawaii opp , which he said he will let everyone know updates the next day, that was about a month ago. (shrug)

Yeah a general update would be nice. I was in the batch posted I believe in mid-July -- are those graded and waiting to be shipped? En route to CGC? Any news is better than none!

For any who haven't seen it, we have an update here.

In response to Adam's request of PL for me I completely AGREE I should be placed on the list. I have been so wrapped up in everything going on that I haven't had a chance to get on here in almost 11 weeks to respond to questions. Reasons I should be on here stretch more than the Eastman opp and until I can set the status back to clear I will not take another commission request nor sell on the boards. No need for voting, or large discussions of why or why not I whole heartedly believe until I can get everything done that j do belong on here.

The Eastman opp:

Yes SDCC was a huge sketch opportunity and almost everything has been completed and turned into CGC. If you check with Doug (dscott) he is just now receiving the last of his order from San Diego and I'm really trying to get this one completed. I have three large scale commissions to include Adam's request and I'll finally be done with SDCC.

The Hawaii Eastman opp:

I am waiting on 10 commissions left for it to be completed. These are 10 full body commissions and not part of the opp conducted on here. The ones completed were some different commission requests such as Nightwing Turtle, Harley Quinn Turtle, Batman, and several others which were completed as can be verified by Adonis (Not sure what he is called now) and Yaw (yagyare) who were in the hotel room while he was drawing these for everyone.

Someone asked why I took commissions at NYCC, I did not. Darrel F happened to accompany me to Kevin's hotel to pick up some commissions as well as books signed and asked me if I could ask him on the spot. That was the only commission done at that show by Kevin outside of the small stand in line he did at IDWs booth.

It's because of being behind by the 13 commissions that I did not take any requests for Canada, NYCC or the past weeks Amazing Oklahoma City Comic Con as we have been able to whittle down numbers during it. Usually his work load is pretty enormous and why I try to slide a book in on him a week as I figure one at a time is at least something.

As for grading for these, one hang up was something I didn't see, licensing. Everything should be taken care of and should finally start seeing these completed though.

Other stuff and Cleaning out laundry here:

Jamie Biggs, Adam himself warned me about this one but following commission requests and then receiving them back before my requested cut off I ran an op with Jamie. Currently waiting on a single book to be completed and have been trying to contact Jaime about closing this thing which has been an enormous headache. (Self Inflicted)

Alfred Trujilo, his books are either at CGC or at my home... Yes they could be at my home but I honestly have not had a chance to open boxes I have received due to my travel schedule. Usually I'm home for Wednesday long enough to wash my clothes, kiss the kids, and pat the wife on the head. This I need to check on when I get home hopefully Friday which I have a weekend off finally and will be back.

Kokkinakis, currently awaiting a single book as well, been in contact with him about it though so should be near the end of the tunnel with him.

Harley Quinn Amazing books, these are spread between three places, CGC, my home, and just getting to CGC. The ones just getting to CGC were just signed by Palmiotti and Conner a few weeks ago due to Amanda not attending NYCC.

I will get on messaging every single person back as soon as I can but I really am bogged down. The biggest reason I am replying to this isn't to keep myself out of the PL but because I've received several texts, calls, and an email this morning alone and I know I need to respond to everyone on a PM by the end of this week. I WILL find a way to get back on here more to respond.

Lastly I truly do apologize for the delay in everything. It's not my intention to keep books away from you all whether to keep or flip and I am not against me being on the PL but would even wish to nominate myself until I can get things cleared up with each of these issues as well as a few extra ones I have going on as well.

Maybe a couple of DMs/emails to Mr Eastman would get the ball rolling. If my book was related to this's OP that's what I would be doing. There is no excuse for not responding to people. Doesn't matter how busy you are, or if your traveling, you can put together a half hour a couple times a week at night in a hotel to respond to people.

Maybe a couple of DMs/emails to Mr Eastman would get the ball rolling. If my book was related to this's OP that's what I would be doing. There is no excuse for not responding to people. Doesn't matter how busy you are, or if your traveling, you can put together a half hour a couple times a week at night in a hotel to respond to people.
Going right to Kevin is a good thought. I may take that course of action over the week-end.

My personal recommendation would be to bump the relevant posts in the probation thread BEFORE going to Kevin.

Akoni responded when he was being discussed there pretty quickly.

As of right now, Kevin and CGC have a great relationship. Like it or not, Akoni is the most prevalent faces of the company to him at this moment. Getting Kevin to step in would only harm the relationship between him and CGC and should only be used in a last resort type of scenario.

Perhaps Doug or Adonis can weigh in or at least poke Akoni once again for an update since they were mentioned in his post.

In my opinion, updates should be AT LEAST weekly until all books are done. My 2c

Going right to Kevin is a good thought. I may take that course of action over the week-end.

My personal recommendation would be to bump the relevant posts in the probation thread BEFORE going to Kevin.

Akoni responded when he was being discussed there pretty quickly.

As of right now, Kevin and CGC have a great relationship. Like it or not, Akoni is the most prevalent faces of the company to him at this moment. Getting Kevin to step in would only harm the relationship between him and CGC and should only be used in a last resort type of scenario.

Perhaps Doug or Adonis can weigh in or at least poke Akoni once again for an update since they were mentioned in his post.

In my opinion, updates should be AT LEAST weekly until all books are done. My 2c

I agree with this. I've never dealt with Akoni but even as mad as some people are I would hate to know I ruined a guys professional relationship with Eastman.

When the Opp was being offered (Hawaii in my case) i would get responses every day to questions etc.. since , its been very hard to get in contact. over the past couple months ive spoke to him 2x's , :eyeroll:

And i agree with all who say " it doesnt matter how busy you are, you have to update/respond" - Some think their busy schedules override everyone else's.. when in reality its quite easy to toss in an update once and awhile - no matter how busy you seem to be. (Sadly that can be said for a few here, not only Akoni)

Peter - I'm in complete agreement - absolute last resort. All I'm looking for (can't speak for others, but I'm sure they will) is:

December 14th - "Books are sitting in a pile at my house - apologies - will be submitted to CGC by December 18th"

December 18th - "Books submitted - invoice # is..."

etc - as you say - an update! With detailed progress every week so we know it's not been forgotten.

The cold silence doesn't help ease anyone's frustration or quell the queasy feeling that what looked to be a lighting quick opp will now drag on with no end in sight. Most of us have been part of commissions that have gone on way too long - I've got a couple of stories where 3 months turned into 48 months - but those are the artist entering rehab, not properly managing their workloads, or just being lazy. In this case, the sketches are done! Heck, maybe the books are graded? We don't know.

re: professional relationship. Isn't making a commitment and then failing to meet it a good reason to question one's professional relationship? If I was the creative and my middle management had failed to meet the expectations of my customers, I'd want to know! That's the basis of a professional relationship. Again, for all we know, Kevin could be asking how come no more sketch ops have come his way via Akoni. Were customers not happy with the first one? Is the pricing not in line? Again - we don't know.

Hopefully we hear something soon.

Peter - I'm in complete agreement - absolute last resort. All I'm looking for (can't speak for others, but I'm sure they will) is:

December 14th - "Books are sitting in a pile at my house - apologies - will be submitted to CGC by December 18th"

December 18th - "Books submitted - invoice # is..."

etc - as you say - an update! With detailed progress every week so we know it's not been forgotten.

The cold silence doesn't help ease anyone's frustration or quell the queasy feeling that what looked to be a lighting quick opp will now drag on with no end in sight. Most of us have been part of commissions that have gone on way too long - I've got a couple of stories where 3 months turned into 48 months - but those are the artist entering rehab, not properly managing their workloads, or just being lazy. In this case, the sketches are done! Heck, maybe the books are graded? We don't know.

re: professional relationship. Isn't making a commitment and then failing to meet it a good reason to question one's professional relationship? If I was the creative and my middle management had failed to meet the expectations of my customers, I'd want to know! That's the basis of a professional relationship. Again, for all we know, Kevin could be asking how come no more sketch ops have come his way via Akoni. Were customers not happy with the first one? Is the pricing not in line? Again - we don't know.

Hopefully we hear something soon.

+1

could be other circumstances, but who knows. as an individual who is waiting for an eastman sketch, i'm pretty turned off by the whole process. it only makes me tighten my circle for facilitators that i'm willing to do business with.

This is not the only opp That has not been responded to. I haven't heard much from Akoni about this opp since this post. ( which had been fast tracked 5 months ago. ) (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8309435&fpart=4

Hopefully Akoni finds some time soon. :wishluck:

This is not the only opp That has not been responded to. I haven't heard much from Akoni about this opp since this post. ( which had been fast tracked 5 months ago. ) (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8309435&fpart=4

Hopefully Akoni finds some time soon. :wishluck:

:facepalm: - not good

I was planning to call Akoni after X-mas about some other stuff. If everyone can hold tight until then I will let you know privately what I find out. You can send me a PM if you are owed a sketch and ill start a group thread.

Dont be alarmed if I dont read the Akoni Pms I am getting. I am leaving them flashing and unread so I dont miss anyone. I will read them all by Friday. If for some reason I did click on yours and it says read please bump it by friday.

I will be calling CGC tomorrow and Friday ill start the group PM. After Xmas ill reach out and see what I can find out for all you guys.