• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 8

158 posts in this topic

The Astonishing book is jaw dropping...best book in the contest so far in my opinion!

Yeah, if that spine tick-ridden ASM is a 9.6, that Astonishing is a 12.5.

You should submit some ASM 300s to CGC. That is a CGC 9.6 on that particular book. That is how they grade them. Is what it is.

Then I am officially a millionaire.

We are guessing what CGC would do :gossip: correct

Sure, but the only way you give that ASM 300 a 9.6 is if a) you are psychic or b) you are blind.

I can honestly understand that Groot 2.0 and WF 6.5 better, as there is some wiggle room at the lower grades, but there is no way in heII that this ASM 300 should have sniffed a 9.6 grade.

Incorrect. I've submitted somewhere around 30 of them in the past couple of years. That is just how they grade that book. And yes, I think they grade it soft.

The Astonishing book is jaw dropping...best book in the contest so far in my opinion!

You should submit some ASM 300s to CGC. That is a CGC 9.6 on that particular book. That is how they grade them. Is what it is.

Only if you submit and sell them :baiting:

Sure, but the only way you give that ASM 300 a 9.6 is if a) you are psychic or b) you are blind.

I can honestly understand that Groot 2.0 and WF 6.5 better, as there is some wiggle room at the lower grades, but there is no way in heII that this ASM 300 should have sniffed a 9.6 grade.

Incorrect. I've submitted somewhere around 30 of them in the past couple of years. That is just how they grade that book. And yes, I think they grade it soft.

No, it's absolutely correct as per Overstreet, which CGC professes to use, so they must be fudging the grades on this book for some strange reason.

Only if you submit and sell them :baiting:

I know, I know. Some of the prices these days are insane - I don't know how many copies of Star Wars 1 I have, but I saw a 6.5 go for $60 or something. I don't get it.

No, it's absolutely correct as per Overstreet, which CGC professes to use, so they must be fudging the grades on this book for some strange reason.

I was actually responding to your psychic or blind comment as being incorrect. If you submit enough of these you learn that they grade it soft. Why that is I don't know. But it's consistent. At least in the past couple of years.

My streak of only positive scores has come to an end with my first negative score on the ASM 300. Guessed 9.0. Figured I was playing it safe with that grade. So it goes.....

I did hit the Astonishing 29, though.

I was 9.2 on the ASM being conservative figuring I'd get points on 9.4 all the way down to 8.5 if it fell that far.

9.4 on the astonishing, there's what looks like two spine issues mid book plus the top left edge, which I thought had a tiny tear.

Ah well, points and a peek at a very pretty Astonishing 29

Grades just submitted.

I'll take this, :censored: , as Andy was hoping someone wasn't going to bullseye both books. :grin:

Well that :censored: actually meant :censored:

:censored:

:signfunny:

I was actually responding to your psychic or blind comment as being incorrect.

I know what you mean, and I haven't been that active in comics over the last few years, so my frame of reference is way off. What was a 9.2-9.4 in 2008 is probably a 9.6 now.