• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Final Round

146 posts in this topic

Cgc just doesn't seem to care about foxing. 7.5 with huge chunks out of the cover? Great books to end it with since those are the types of books I've got no clue how they will grade at.

I started at 8.0 on both books, then lowered both grades to 7.5. Then I decided that the Marvel chipping would push the FF down to 7.0 and the staining would do the same for the Avengers. And then, just before I submitted my grades, I got nervous about the chipping and staining and switched my grades to 6.5.

Crash and burn, baby!! Woo hoo!

I started at 8.0 on both books, then lowered both grades to 7.5. Then I decided that the Marvel chipping would push the FF down to 7.0 and the staining would do the same for the Avengers. And then, just before I submitted my grades, I got nervous about the chipping and staining and switched my grades to 6.5.

Crash and burn, baby!! Woo hoo!

this

should have stuck with my initial assessment but for some weird reason I went looking for problems . I sure found them and ended up at 6.5 on both. yikes. :facepalm:

Double Bullseye!

I just figured the Avengers looked better than the one that got an 8.0 in the first round ( which I completely missed on), and that CGC would only knock about a point off for the chipping on the FF, but really it was just luck, as I didn't have much confidence I'd get either right.

Great contest, and at least I can say I scored as many points as Toro did in Rounds 2-10 ;)

:takeit::whee:

hm

That's my good luck charm, I did this after every round. Just getting a head start for next year lol

Awww gawd I bombed so hard! Fell back to the gutters. I had a 6.5 and a 5.0. Some years I learn more than others but after this one I am just convinced I keep getting unlucky with my submissions. lol!

Thanks again!