• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Final Round

146 posts in this topic

Yeah, I undergraded that round. I kept thinking that the books that Andy kept using that had tanning were all much lower than the grades I gave them so I lowered them. A bit too much I guess.

They both had White pages so couldn't have that much tanning. The FF got hammered for the chips though, more than I would have thought.

Yeah, I undergraded that round. I kept thinking that the books that Andy kept using that had tanning were all much lower than the grades I gave them so I lowered them. A bit too much I guess.

I'm with you on that. I adjusted my first impression grades for the tanning which was a mistake.

:):)

I picked 8.0 for both so I did okay. :cool:

Thanks so much for putting this on - it was a LOT of fun and quite educational, both in terms of how CGC grades and how I grade in relation to CGC.

:grin:

I had the avengers 55 at 8.0 and the FF 13 at 8.5.

I'll take the four points and see where it got me.

8.5 on the FF for me as well. That puppy is NM without the chipping and they don't normally hit Marvel chipping THAT hard (or so I thought). Beauty of a book for a 7.5 though

Pair of 8.0s from me. Six points isn't bad, but that Avengers at 8.5 is a stretch. The FF is nicer in almost every respect - the bits of it still there at any rate. lol