• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinity War vs Infinity Gauntlet ???

29 posts in this topic

Very fortunate that I read Infinity Gauntlet when I was a kid as it completely blew my mind and got me into reading comics. The story is well ahead of its time.

I'd recommend that you start your reading on Silver Surfer 34-38, followed by Thanos Quest 1-2, and finish it on Silver Surfer 44 to 50. You should get a better appreciation of the Infinity Gauntlet story.

Infinity War is okay - I thought Magus was pretty bad . However, I did not even finish reading Infinity Crusade - I believe I stopped after they introduced the Cosmic Egg!

Right on Point here. (thumbs u

Just re-read IG (first time since it originally came out). I enjoyed it, but it's not the greatest thing ever. I like the Starlin Cosmic stuff from CM and Warlock better.

Some great scenes in IG though. And the Perez art is just beautiful. Lim did a decent job finishing off the book, but it would have been great if George had been able to do the entire thing.

Why didn't George finish it?

Jim

Aside from some issues at DC with War of the Gods which he was working on at the same time, he basically thought the story was padded. I have an interview in some mag I can't find right now where he basically said they should've been able to complete the story in 2-3 issues.

I loved SS, Thanos Quest, and Ig. I was really disappointed int IW after that I did not even pick up IC.

Imo they should make a Thanos Quest movie before the release of the next Avengers movies.

I personally think they have building it too slow in the movies. I know they wanted to show the Guardians unite at the end of that film but it so cliche anyway. They had the perfect opportunity to show Thanos as a bad by having him pop up right after the Guardians get their butts kicked. If Thanos came in and whooped Ronan and simply left with infinty stone it would have been a good way to establish his power rather than display him as someone who just got walked all over by someone the likes of Ronan.

Why didn't George finish it?

Jim

Aside from some issues at DC with War of the Gods which he was working on at the same time, he basically thought the story was padded. I have an interview in some mag I can't find right now where he basically said they should've been able to complete the story in 2-3 issues.

That make sense and I agree with that. The story didn't need more than 2-3 issues tops to tell the whole story.. George is right. lol

I remember always seeing the IG trade everywhere after I got back into collecting in 2013, but never got around to reading it until this year. I really enjoyed the first couple of issues and thought it was a good story overall, but I think I had higher expectations because of all the hype around Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet.