• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredile "Banner" Weekend on Pedigree Comics.

26 posts in this topic

Fellow Forumites,

If you're not at the WonderCon show in Frisco and are looking to buy a few high grade Incredible Hulks, please check out my site starting tonite (at appx 11:00 p.m EST) for the start of the simply incredible CGC certified Incredible Hulk set I'm listing in the new arrivals section.

70 Hulks between issue #102 and 182, plus Annuals 1,2,3 and 5. 32 out of the 70 are in 9.8, with another 33 in 9.6!! Most are the highest graded CGC copy and there's a bunch of pedigrees in there as well. I'm going to list 23 books tonite (102 -125) 23 on Saturday night and the remaining 24 on Sunday night.

Even if you're not a Hulk collector, check out some of these great covers and phenomenally preserved comics as you likely want see them again for a while.

Have a great weekend and I hope you all find something for your collections

Sincerely,

Doug Schmell

Donut,

As you know, I'm an FF guy to the day I die. I just can't see ever parting with those babies. I can list a few to show you the covers, etc, but that's like showing off, which I'm not about. I may sell the ones above 200 some day (I really love those Byrne issues, though).

Thanks for the kudos.

Doug

Donut,

As you know, I'm an FF guy to the day I die. I just can't see ever parting with those babies. I can list a few to show you the covers, etc, but that's like showing off, which I'm not about. I may sell the ones above 200 some day (I really love those Byrne issues, though).

Thanks for the kudos.

Doug

just 117-191...you don't want those ICKY Bronze Age books! grin.gif

Donut,

You only go up to #191? I was thinking about parting the recent Winnipegs in the 200's I got back from CGC (mostly 9.8 with a 10.0 on #226) but chickened out. Why am I so overprotective of these four heroes?

I guess if the Registry set only went up to #200, it would have made it easier but still painful nevertheless.

Donut,

You only go up to #191? I was thinking about parting the recent Winnipegs in the 200's I got back from CGC (mostly 9.8 with a 10.0 on #226) but chickened out. Why am I so overprotective of these four heroes?

I guess if the Registry set only went up to #200, it would have made it easier but still painful nevertheless.

10.0 hail.gif

I'll take what you have! 191 is one of my very favorite covers ever (the FF Quits newspaper headline cover is just TREMENDOUS), and with it being the last 35 center, it seemed like a good time to stop, but there's no reason to stop there! I'd be happy to take those icky Copper Age books off your hands for you.

Donut,

As you know, there is a registry that goes up to 102.

Dan, why are you starting with 117? First 20 center? What about 116?

I'll take what you have! 191 is one of my very favorite covers ever (the FF Quits newspaper headline cover is just TREMENDOUS), and with it being the last 35 center, it seemed like a good time to stop, but there's no reason to stop there! I'd be happy to take those icky Copper Age books off your hands for you.

And I'd be happy to keep taking the icky Copper Age ASMs. =)

Donut,

As you know, there is a registry that goes up to 102.

Dan, why are you starting with 117? First 20 center? What about 116?

117 is the first 20 center, so it seemed like a logical place to start. Of course, if I manage to win the 196 and 111 on eBay right now, I'll have to change my thinking.

I need a FF 5 in 8.5. I just don't know which bank to rob now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me help you I need an FF#5 in 8.5 as well. Doug how do you find these books or keep them in 9.9. 10.0 shape. We don't mind if you "show these off".

While I don't know the particulars of these high grade FF's, from my conversation with Doug, these were the "THROW AWAY" books from LARGE COLLECTIONS that certain dealers bought and then sold.

In other words, a large dealer might pick up a huge original owner collection in high grade, sell the early stuff for top dollar and didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to sell these Bronze Age and newer books, so Doug was more then willing to take them of their hands. grin.gif

Of course, I believe most of this was prior to CGC, as now most dealers will cherry pick through a collection since they realize that a 9.9 is worth a boat load more than a 9.4 (which was not necessarily the case prior to CGC).

Oh please, the Winnipeg Bronze collection was sold to Doug because Dan was too lazy to grade and sell them all. He had bought another collection at the same time as the Winnipegs. It was a matter of being in the right place at the right time to buy the whole run. Doug made a smart choice but it's not likely that Dealers will dump a bronze age collection into his lap again.