• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I'm watching the Steve Sabol episode of "A Football Life"...

5 posts in this topic

...and they show a pic of him in college at Colorado. I see the Spider-Man poster and I think, "Neat! He must have been a comic fan." Then I notice he's reading Fantastic Four #46. Pretty damn cool if you ask me. The fact that he made the NFL that much more popular is something that definitely affected me as a kid as I'd watch all the NFL Films productions whenever I caught them on TV. Too bad he's no longer with us. :(

19346439739_607bdab1d0_o.jpg

Really cool capture.

I'd wager that the Sabol family is as responsible for the overwhelming popularity of American Football as any player, coach, executive, or comissioner.

NFL films was WAY ahead of its time, and there's nothing comparable to it from the other three major sports.

I miss Steve and dad Ed.

Slow motion football with dramatic music and the voice of John Facenda made weekly highlights super cool.

If you see their individual biographies, they seemed genuinely nice, knowledgeable and fun.