• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Dennis the Menace Thread
3 3

1,425 posts in this topic

I'm sorry I'm not posting joe, I am terribe with pics as you can see if you go to my ebay [age HOWEVER I have the numbers on every comic I gave you here in my last reply to verify I do own them. I pulled only the # 1 comic out as The seller said he would accept my offer. It was sold on ebay and you can check as My name you have or contact me and I will give you numbers. Every comic I have for sale 47 years to get. many not cheap but only you know how hard these are to find.

your buddy overstreet sure didn't listen to you either. take a look at the price guide your $2000.pp#1 7.0 you claim to got an offer at that time was less than $100.00 inm the guide at that time and he still has done nothing about it or gave dennis a cover. Like he doesn't deserve it. Overstreet is a jerk and wont even answer my comments. he caters to the bigboys not what the comic is. It took me 5 years to tell him why archie annual#1 was scarce and finally changed it but shoestore giveaway I turned down $10,000 (like a dummy) he has at $80.00 in the guide and he wont even mention its an archie cover because its mine. 2 years before he put my cover on the page and said it was there were 2 copies in different years but. none have ever surfaced I bought it at auction at heritage AND I WISH THAT WAS THE PRICE I PAID 60 TIMES I REPEat 60 times guide with bidders. what other comic hAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF 60 TIMES OVER GUIDE BECAUSE HE DOESNT LISRTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE ME AND YOU. SORRY I HAD TO VENT. I collect dennis and Archies. and you tell me Dennis 1-10 are not 20 times under guide in fine or better or more to buy. go back to your #1 that was what 35 times guide in those days.

2015 I sold ist edition CGC 6.5 for $65.00 had $50.00 in fees my best copy and scarce. Shows you only fans buy. I would think this was 1a $150.00 comic bit I'm selling everything some I bought years ago others weeks ago. when you have no family and something happens to you the state gets it all. Wouldn't you fans rather get my archies and dennis the menace comics

Can anybody tell me what happened to JOE or his massive collection, That is my married copy on ebay and its recent but this post says 7 years ago. I am selling my dennis collection now on ebay and it was a great collection even a # 10 cgc 7.0, I spent a lot of money to get and start a registry here with cgc comics that nobody had ever done. My # 1 cgc 6.0 I just sold and you never see the higher grades od dennis selling anywhere.

WE ALL KNOW THAT ASKING AND SELLING ARE 2 DIFFERENT STORIES. THE ONES ON EBAY ARENT SELLING/ I SOLD MY #1 cgc 6.0 FOR $800.00 TO A FAN WHJO IS THRILLED TO HAVE THE COPY.IF YOU LOOK AT THE FIRST EARLY DENNIS cgc COMICS THEY ARE OR WERE MINE. jUST STARTED SELLING BEING 62 AND NO FAMILY. GO TO CENCUS AND SEE WHATS THERE. I PROBABLY HAVE IT.i WANT MY COMICS TO GO TO COLLECTORS AND FANS.10 YEARS AGO PRICES WERE NUTS AS I SOLD A # 1 FAIR FOR $200.00 ON EBAY A # 2 Fair for $200.00 and more insane prices on doubles, not now.I have the ebay papers and item numbers from 10 years ago.

How does everybody know Joe is in the joint. anybody know what for? no wonder you never see anything higher than a $ #1 CGC 6.0 dennis as I think there are now 4 copies empty grave had 2 of them till last year as I got one of them on ebay and just sold it. I hear the 9.2 copy that exsists is NOT a married copy. can anybody tell me how one guy got hold of these amazing married copies 9.0- 9.4 as I bought many and they are not cheap. I just don't know how you can tell the copies are married. Also how on earth could one person get mint covers AND mint copies of these early copies and not be original the person I bought them from was DISNEYART. you cant tell there married so how can CGC know.I know there are nothing close to close to these copis.I do have 2-3 9.0-9.2 copies NON MARRIED. they are NOT bethleham to my knowledge and is not on the cgc lable

Just sent you an email as I have more gcg Dennis comics than anybody and was given an award for this at the collectors society. I was shocked no dennis thread was here because joe (who is in prison I hear)NEVER spent a lot of money to CGC copies. at $40.00 a comic, I paid more for grading some than the value to preserve these in the years to come. Thurston

I've always been interested in the exact blueprint of the Mitchell's house (to include the exact layout of the yard and surrounding neighborhood).

Working with Word.XLS I could paste and move furniture, trees, etc. combining all the arrangements that were shown and only using as a final product the arrangements that were shown most often.

It was kind've a daunting task.

The Kitchen is an example: The kitchen is the smallest room in the house (next to the bathroom) but it is the most complex because of all the different arrangements.

I have counted over two dozen.

Some comic panels show the sink on the left side of the refrigerator, in others on the right side, sometimes the refrigerator is facing the sink from the other wall. Sometimes the stove is on the opposite wall facing the sink, or on the left of the sink, or the right, etc.

In (Comic #14 – 1963 – and His Dog RUFF) Henry mentions the size of the kitchen as being "about 14 by 18" feet.

This is rather too square a space. Most of the artwork showing the kitchen has it as long and narrow as in (FANTA-1951). In the pprbk Dog's Best Friend the floor space in the kitchen is so narrow it seems to be barely 4 foot wide! A more realistic approach (going by the artwork) is 8 or 9 x 12 to 14 feet.]

The kitchen itself has expanded through the years and seems more spacious than the very narrow place it used to be.

It's too bad I can't add an xls file on here to show the layouts, it might be of interest to Dennis fans. This site will only accept certain files.

I don't know if you guys saw it, but a company called Papercutz has starting releasing $20 hardcovers reprinting the old 1950s DTM comics

Vol. 1 came out fall 2015, Vol. 2 is coming April 2016. Available thru Amazon.com

I do not have them, but my understanding is that they do not reprint the comics in order. Instead, they reprint various Wiseman stories from the 1950s, early 1960s

I still have never seen that 1978 Half Moon Bay Pumpkin comic, aside from the scans above, and I have been chasing after DTM comics since I was a little kid, 35 years ago !

To those of you who have it, where in the world did you find it ?