• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Dennis the Menace Thread
3 3

1,425 posts in this topic

Hi there...

I have an original drawing and corresponding color guide for a Sunday Dennis the Menace multi-pane Sunday comic strip by Hank Ketcham, along with a letter of authenticity signed by his secretary. The date on this work is 6-27-82 and it is titled "Time on My Hands".

The drawing has a few images that are drawn on paper and taped to the original, to change the artwork. The tape has come off in some places and you can see both the original and edited images.

Can anyone give me any advice on how and where I would attempt to sell this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi guys- just got my first Dennis the Menace!

A great book, nostalgic cover, charming stories and art - and now that I'm properly hooked on early Dennis, the collection will definitely be growing from this humble beginning.

dennis.jpg

Yay! It lives.... Here's a question for any experts. I've perused this thread a few times and there doesn't seem to be consensus on who followed Wiseman on DTM. I've always assumed it was Owen Fitzgerald but there was a post somewhere in there that talks about Bruce Ariss taking over the duties on a more regular basis. Here's the cover to issue #95; is it Owen?

dennisthemenace95cover.jpg

Here's a couple of early 1950's Dennis the Menace Sunday strips I picked up recently. Love the colorful artwork on these.

From 1952:

KGrHqNq8FCcm-oCFYBQ54-OozQ60_56_zpsecf9df2a.jpg

From 1954:

T2eC16VHJGQE9noMK7JBQ55EEfqnQ60_57_zpsf31413f5.jpg

These are cool. Did you buy these at a show?

I enjoy collecting 1950s Dennis the Menace Comics but I've never seen the newspaper strips before.

SLR

Wow, this thread is awesome! It will keep me busy all day! Most of my comics are hand me downs from my dad. I hope to obtain a bigger and better collection of them. My oldest copy is a #44 Hallden Fawcett copy from 1960. Your collections are impressive! :D If I knew how to upload a photo of it, I'd do it.

Edited by Stoutyoungladd

Wow, this thread is awesome! It will keep me busy all day! Most of my comics are hand me downs from my dad. I hope to obtain a bigger and better collection of them. My oldest copy is a #44 Hallden Fawcett copy from 1960. Your collections are impressive! :D If I knew how to upload a photo of it, I'd do it.

WTTB

Edited by wipple