• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your 2015 SDCC books!

121 posts in this topic

Wow this show was gigantic. Thanks to Doug and James for taking me under there wing for this show. Beg, Borrow, or Steal but make mission happen was a saying that went along with my previous life in the Army over seas but it almost completely embodied this entire trip.

Glad everyone enjoyed the Shield and Carter signatures, two guy's out there to thank especially for allowing me to do all of them and while I can't name them I hope they know there assistance was truly appreciated.

Batman v Superman signing was insane and the Star Wars Celebration concert was awesome as well. I mean come on, who doesn't like Beer, Light Sabers, and Orchestra music all at once.

As for the Kevin Eastman books out of 143 orders Kevin knocked out 87 in the span of a week and a half to include two of the insane TMNT #1 cover recreations. If I did not get your blanks done this weekend I'll be in London this coming hopefully to get the rest of them. If not then I have to travel back here to San Diego in a few weeks to get more stuff so more to follow. I'll contact you who didn't have a completed cover through PMs but for the most part those on the CGC boards had priority of completion. I think only a single cover for boardies wasn't completed in time.

Thank you again to those I know I can't nor shouldn't name on here as you guys made *spoon* truly happen as well as Cody (The Bar Night Wing Man) Joseph, Doug, James, Kwan, Sean "Fing H" JJ, Jerry, Torrey, and the amazing crew of CGC.

I'm always impressed with the work you guys do and the amazing books you get done. Hopefully I'll get to work with you soon!

Here's another one I forgot about

98C05C34-E2A7-4CEB-9860-4E8DB8B5F299_zps8jzhq8pi.jpg

icon_eek_zps6898818c.gif

RICK!

I had decided I was the only fan! That is AWESOME!

Was it overcrowded at SDCC as usual? No time for witnessing the artworks? I was told that CGC employees had hard times to walk through crowd.

It was very crowded in artist alley. This was my first time going to SDCC, but I really didn't like the set up they had. It was hard to walk around and see everything.

Was it overcrowded at SDCC as usual? No time for witnessing the artworks? I was told that CGC employees had hard times to walk through crowd.

It was very crowded in artist alley. This was my first time going to SDCC, but I really didn't like the set up they had. It was hard to walk around and see everything.

Get used to it. Unfortunately that's going to be the norm for SDCC. I feel the same way.

Best advice is walk out of the convention center, use the lobby area or sidewalk outside and then reenter in the Hall B area. Then when you need to go back down same thing, leave go all the way to Hall E/F and you've cut your time down significantly.

Well I am finally home from a week at the 2015 SD Comic-Con. My body is battered & swollen, my bank account is empty, and my brain is fried....and it was worth every second. First off, a big thanks to my poor CAW who had to chase my wife and I all over the convention center & in some cases even beyond!!! Another major BRAVO to Michael Balent and the amazing staff at CGC & CCS. They handled the chaos of the SDCC like pros and deserve everyone's praise.

One of the thing I adore about this hobby are the amazing people I have met and wonderful friendships that are made with like minded collectors. I consider myself very blessed to have had the opportunity to spend quality time with Joel Elad, Rich Henn, Sean Harmon, and Torrey Quella. Trust me folks, these guys are as good as it gets.

As always there were amazing books put together and the comic book/ pop-culture Super Bowl. I was able to get signatures from Sam Raimi, the SHIELD cast, Tom Hiddleson, Robot Chicken cast, Eli Roth, Guillermo Del Torro (plus a Hellboy sketch from him), David Aja, Carlos Ezquerra, Paul Dini, and even Vera Miles on a PSYCHO comic!!! Thanks to my amazing wife, I was able to get Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, and Steven Yuen on a WD 48!!! I also got a few nice sketches done by Bruce Timm and Neal Adams. My favorite piece is a 12 x 18 Swamp Thing fully inked sketch by Bernie Wrightson (the sketch was done before the show). Bernie hasn't been in the best health and was a real trooper at the show. It was wonderful to see his wife too. I apologize for not taking pictures of all of the books I mention, but here are a few pictures below:

20150712_195825_zpsnukou76l.jpg

20150713_175310_zpsnqfaorqy.jpg

20150713_175925_zpshbnqvngy.jpg

20150710_002229_zps6kmqllr8.jpg

20150710_002245_zpsvtjvcrak.jpg

Again, there were some amazing books done at this show. I will let the owners of those gems share the stories and show off the pictures. Now I am off to find some Tylenol.

Wow!

Sam Raimi :cloud9:

So glad you pulled off some big guns, can't wait to see what books you got signed by these guys! I think Eli Roths film was pretty good - I don't think he gets enough credit. Del'toro Hellboy sketch!! :banana: can't get a much cooler hboy book than that.

All this without even mentioning that Wrightson...

How did you score that? :o that's incredible!

Wow!

Sam Raimi :cloud9:

So glad you pulled off some big guns, can't wait to see what books you got signed by these guys! I think Eli Roths film was pretty good - I don't think he gets enough credit. Del'toro Hellboy sketch!! :banana: can't get a much cooler hboy book than that.

All this without even mentioning that Wrightson...

How did you score that? :o that's incredible!

I scored the Wrightson Swamp Thing the old fashioned way, I threw enough $$$$ at Bernie till it got done.

Your Jason vs Freddy vs Ash book is now absolutely EPIC with the Raimi sig...congrats my friend!

TP