• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlton Comics Group Appreciation and Information Thread
7 7

444 posts in this topic

Here is #8. At one time #2 was rumored to exist, but no copy has ever been found. Charlton had alot of screwy numbering, so when they switched the title, they would skip the inbetween number, in this case #2. The series turned into Fightin' Air Force with #3.

2OumMG.jpg

This, and the Never Again #1, have great covers!

kinda similar, from 1960.

S7FsMV.jpg

Is the #101 numbering just completely random? That's funny.

Likely a deliberate error.

Distributors in the earlier times liked to carry comics with a "track record" and did not like putting their faith in new titles.

Lots of first issues back in the day did not kick off with "No 1", especially from the smaller publishers.

Shucks I love Charlton...finding the old bronze ghost books is what got me into collecting back issues.Still have my first many ghosts of dr graves...likely more the reason for my Stevie D. love than Spidey even!!! :applause:

Charlton Rules!!!

I wish, Fett. Speaking of which, something tells me you've got one or two of the Marvel black light posters, yeh? :baiting: You are proving to have quite the interesting esoteric collection. Gathering up the strange Charltons - quite the challenge.

Never seen the Hillbilly's. or Danger and Adventure. or Nature Boy! Danny Blaze, seen the #1 more than once, but not the #2. Sweet!