• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlton Comics Group Appreciation and Information Thread
7 7

444 posts in this topic

It was fun looking through this thread over the course of the last week.

I had just gone though my Charlton For Sale Long box and pulled about 100 out to send off to mycomicshop.com for trade so I can get more of my DELL Four Color books.

Prior to send them off I took some to the Granada hills Comic Con and traded off two of the best to Terry Stroud for a pile of books including the following long time missing Classic Illustrated 1st print

CI56HRN55_zpsa1uvuxfm.jpg

CI56HRN55bc_zpsimabhpvb.jpg

I Also got several DELLS including a Four Color and Henry Aldrich #1.

I traded Ditko issues of Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds 21 and 22

In a different trade I picked up a GREAT copy of 1776

Here is the scan of 1776.I normally do not look for charltons, but this was so nice.

a really nice looking book that I got from Brad (F/VF Comics).

1776_zpsi8hdzzry.jpg

most of the other books I got from him were DELLs

lol I have never seen this book, never heard of the musical and now I cannot rest till I get one.

How on Earth does a musical translate into a comic? I know it's been done before (Mary Poppins, Annie et al) but it's still an odd duck.

This GM77 cover is actually pretty amazing.

f8d6ccb5-99e5-490d-9bf5-0e4df5cf81cd_zpsu88cyk42.jpg

It's a reprint of the cover from Charlton's Outer Space #20, Dec. 1958.

That is a cool cover. Although, it's not very Ghost Manor like. Makes you wonder if there was a snafu somewhere along the production line

A couple of more recent acquisitions. A couple I posted in the SA forum (Charlton Sci-Fi) as well, but thought I'd add here.

SA_7_zpsnrc7by09.jpg

Nice copy of a fascinating book. I bought a slabbed copy in auction and immediately cracked it open to read.

Nice copy of a fascinating book. I bought a slabbed copy in auction and immediately cracked it open to read.

Thanks. Yes, definitely a strange story, and on a topic that was well before its time (sex change story). Certainly one of the more interesting reads in the run!