• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlton Comics Group Appreciation and Information Thread
7 7

444 posts in this topic

I know Charlton's get dismissed as "drek" but in my experience it's not easy putting a high-grade run together.

It took me 8 years to finally complete this run in high-grade 9.4 - 9.6

Space: 1999 1 a photo Space19991a_zpsau0ewqoq.jpg

About 10 years ago I found several low-grade Charlton early 70's romance comics at a used book store. I bought them under the pretense that I could sell them for more on eBay and "make a little money". Very little in fact, probably just broke even.

But I didn't mind. Even though I don't really have any interest in romance comics the cover art was so cool, the dialog so corny, and there's something about Charlton's in general, I just couldn't leave them sitting there.

About 10 years ago I found several low-grade Charlton early 70's romance comics at a used book store. I bought them under the pretense that I could sell them for more on eBay and "make a little money". Very little in fact, probably just broke even.

But I didn't mind. Even though I don't really have any interest in romance comics the cover art was so cool, the dialog so corny, and there's something about Charlton's in general, I just couldn't leave them sitting there.

Sometimes I just have to rescue a book and give it a proper home.

Kind of like a mistreated puppy.